9-29-12 Delta flight 683 to CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Joe. Just curious as to how you stumbled upon that? Don't know anybody on the flight myself.

Heading down next week and something like that would really blow but I guess it beats crashing!

The return flight (DL 682) shows up at departing 135 minutes late so watch to see if DL 683 departs Orlando soon.

Flightview now shows arrival in Cozumel at 327 PM although there are inconsistencies with that time.

It would be interesting to hear what happened.

Hi Joe. Just curious as to how you stumbled upon that? Don't know anybody on the flight myself.

Heading down next week and something like that would really blow but I guess it beats crashing!

I'm flying there in a couple of weeks on American. I was looking to see if the American pilots were still pulling their job action shyt and yes one flight was delayed. I'm not sure if it was weather, plane or pilot related
FlightAware
So if I would have been on the above flight I would have missed my connection in DFW on my way to to CZM. I couldn't remember all of the AA flts from ORD to CZM flights so I looked here:
FlightAware
So then I started looking if other airlines are on time and noticed the Delta flight performing the left turn towards Florida.
Ya, I'm weird. Not only do I work on planes. I like airplanes and like to see them, touch them, see where they are going and how they perform, routes taken, etc...
Yup, Weird aye?
EDIT:
Now DAL 683 scheduled for 1:32 EDT departure from MCO to Arriving CZM 1:46 CDT. What ever broke they got it fixed quick. Could have been a sick passenger too... I'm not sure what happened.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL683/history/20120929/1800Z/KMCO/MMCZ

If you miss DFW to CZM, there may also be a DFW to CUN that will work with the bus/ferry option.

If you miss DFW to CZM, there may also be a DFW to CUN that will work with the bus/ferry option.
We did that with Continental at IAH on an oversold flight and they gave us 1st class to CUN, vouchers for bus and ferry, passes to the Presidents Club while we waited for the flight to CUN and $400.00 each vouchers that were good for a year. The family that was allowed to board was happy, ticket agent was happy, we were happy. I'm sure the airline made money as the plane was packed. We made it to the dive shop before they closed and dove the next day as planned. We told the ticket agent to make out the voucher to, ADO bus, Mexican Waterjet and Ultramar (She gave us vouchers for both ferry companies). I love to be rewarded for being flexable and going with the flow.

Back to DAL 683
Check out the planned speed of 809 knots, No way that MD is going that fast!:wink:
They are still pushing that MD-88 to be going 515 knots now. They are trying to make up time. I bet the fuel bill on that flight is going to be high. I wonder why the diversion in the 1st place?
FlightAware

Ya, I'm weird. Not only do I work on planes. I like airplanes and like to see them, touch them, see where they are going and how they perform, routes taken, etc...
Yup, Weird aye?

That makes sense. And, hey, we're all just different shades of weird.

All is OK. Equipment failure of some kind. Switched planes in Orlando, passengers & bags reloaded, the flights into & out of Cozumel went a bit later than planned. Some SBers on the departing flight. Most passengers will make their old & new connections in Atlanta -- only one party was booked into an ATL hotel when the flight left. A few others may sleep in Atlanta tonight as well..

Back
Top Bottom