8051Z mounted on top cam band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rogersab1223

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys -

I asked this in another forum, but it occurs to me that I'll probably have better luck here.

I recently purchased a Ranger LTD and am impressed with the build quality, adjustibility... everything. Very pleased.

Question about the 8051Z Rear Trim pockets: it looks like, unless I'm missing something, that they're designed to go on the BOTTOM cam band only. I'd like my rear trim weights to be mounted higher to avoid just adding weight to my hips. Is it possible to mount them to the top cam band? I was playing with it and it looks like it physically CAN be done - by looping the velcro tabs around the carry handle strap - but don't know if this is an ok setup?

Any insights?

Andy

They are indeed designed for bottom band and I wouldn't recommend trying to make them go on the top band. We have another Rear Trim Weight pocket set (8052Z) that is designed to go on both the top and bottom band while still being able to load and dump weights.

Another option if you only need a small amount of weight is our smaller Trim Weight Pouch (8050S) which can be put onto either band and is easily added and removed. It simply slides onto the tank band itself, just like your 8051Z pockets but without the velcro attachment.

They are indeed designed for bottom band and I wouldn't recommend trying to make them go on the top band. We have another Rear Trim Weight pocket set (8052Z) that is designed to go on both the top and bottom band while still being able to load and dump weights.

Another option if you only need a small amount of weight is our smaller Trim Weight Pouch (8050S) which can be put onto either band and is easily added and removed. It simply slides onto the tank band itself, just like your 8051Z pockets but without the velcro attachment.

Thanks, Jeff - Where can I pick up a set of the 8052Z's? I couldn't find them on leisure pro and there doesn't seem to be an option to buy through the website.

Thanks,
Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom