7 mm wetsuit that is flexible enough to don...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fila56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have dived a 7mm Beauchat wetsuit for past 8 years. Beautifully warm but hell to put on, he'll to take off. Also very bouyant which means extra weight to take down. Any recommendations for a new 7 mm suit? Anyone tried Aqualung fusion or Henderson Aqualock?

I have dived a 7mm Beauchat wetsuit for past 8 years. Beautifully warm but hell to put on, he'll to take off. Also very buoyant which means extra weight to take down. Any recommendations for a new 7 mm suit? Anyone tried Aqualung fusion or Henderson Aqualock?

You might want to consider one of our 7 mm (open cell) suits . We stock 3,5 and 7 mm suits for both men and women. Out suits have a smooth rubber interior (unlined neoprene which is generally called open cell) which make the suit much easier to put on. The smooth rubber is first lubricated with some "suit lube" and then it is incredibly easy to pop into one of our suits.

We use a very flexible, high quality neoprene, made by Yamamoto.. we think it is the best material available.

Our suits are super warm because the design allows the elimination of ALL the sources of water leaks or exchange through the suit. The smooth rubber interior, seals to your skin, the elimination of all zippers prevents leakage and the integrated hood and smooth skin face seal eliminate any leakage at the neck,

It is a little different to put on. We show how in this video..

Removal of the suit is best performed with the help of a buddy to start the removal of the jacket. We show how in this video.

Thanks
Dano

Wetsuits | MAKO Spearguns

You might want to consider one of our 7 mm (open cell) suits . We stock 3,5 and 7 mm suits for both men and women. Out suits have a smooth rubber interior (unlined neoprene which is generally called open cell) which make the suit much easier to put on. The smooth rubber is first lubricated with some "suit lube" and then it is incredibly easy to pop into one of our suits.

We use a very flexible, high quality neoprene, made by Yamamoto.. we think it is the best material available.

Our suits are super warm because the design allows the elimination of ALL the sources of water leaks or exchange through the suit. The smooth rubber interior, seals to your skin, the elimination of all zippers prevents leakage and the integrated hood and smooth skin face seal eliminate any leakage at the neck,

It is a little different to put on. We show how in this video..

Removal of the suit is best performed with the help of a buddy to start the removal of the jacket. We show how in this video.

Thanks
Dano

Wetsuits | MAKO Spearguns
Thanks, Dano. Just wondering- are these suits available in Canada? I haven't seen them yet.

Linda

Try on a AquaLung Aqua Flex. Warmest and most comfortable/easy to get on and off I've ever had. Super features like kidney pads and robust zipper dam. No stitching at wrist or ankle so great flex there. I often find that when I take off my suit that my speedo is dry, unless I pee in the suit. Wash it in my front load washer on gentle cycle and air dry, and it looks like new. Beats my Henderson 7mm for ease, warmth, comfort. Well worth the price.

If the girl in the first video ever needs help oiling up, I volunteer my services.

I have dived a 7mm Beauchat wetsuit for past 8 years. Beautifully warm but hell to put on, he'll to take off. Also very bouyant which means extra weight to take down. Any recommendations for a new 7 mm suit? Anyone tried Aqualung fusion or Henderson Aqualock?

Yes I have the Aqualung Fusion. Its a dream to don and doff, that's why I bought it! I have no doubt there are warmer 7mm out there but one's that dont compress so much at 50m but I dont care, its a gem. Really comfortable, very flexible and just happens to be a good fit for me. Only negative would be if you are using a hood with a skirt its a bit tricky to keep tucked in at the front because of the cut, but not a big deal.

Try on a AquaLung Aqua Flex. Beats my Henderson 7mm for ease, warmth, comfort. Well worth the price.

Seconded. I have Aquaflex in 5mm and 7mm, the former of which replaced my old Henderson, the latter of which is for when I can get away without a drysuit. Amazing stuff. Very easy to don and doff.

Pretty much anything you buy now will be easier to get on and off than your old suit, and it will be warmer, too. The reason is the opposite of what many people think. Because the materials are stretchier, they go on easier, but people think that means they will be colder because of the stretch. IMO, the opposite is true--they will fit much better than older suits, and a better fit will be warmer.

There are more options available then what you are looking at--many more. Take your time, get good advice, and pick the one that's best for you.

Thanks, Dano. Just wondering- are these suits available in Canada? I haven't seen them yet.

Linda

Linda:

Thanks for asking! We have no retail stores- we sell direct to the consumer. We ship our products world wide.

Elimination of the typical wholesale - retail distribution system, and applying the MAKO DIRECT model allows us to offer gear that is often nearly half the cost of similar gear sold in a retail store. Our prices are very low because we have cut out the middlemen.

If you are still wondering if these suits are warm enough for Canada, check out these crazies.. :drunks:

Thanks

Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom