7' hose with single AL80 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Routing on the Atomic is just as awesome as it is with the MK25s. I will still dive with you..... Just won't date you.... :) Couldn't resist.

jeckyll:
I'm just a walking Rule 6 violation in my singles rig, if you no longer want to dive with me at the end of April I'll understand. Oh wait, I'm bringing doubles :eyebrow:

I must admit that I love the routing on my doubles with the Atomics :D

*hijack* I don't know how you guys define "Diving DIR" down in Seattle, but up here diving and dating are separate things. If you like being that *ahem* close to your team members we may have an issue :wink:
*/hijack*

Now, lets get serious and talk about hose length some more :D

Ok, I tried the hose under the knife sheath and it works well for preventing the danglies. However, each time I went to donate my primary while hovering in the prone position the hose would stay trapped behind the knife sheath. I don't think that's such a good thing being that I had to reach down with my left hand to free the hose. In a real emergency my left hand might be busy doing something else.

Hose tucked in the belt seems like the best way for me.....for now.

As for the right hip D-ring.....right hip + D-ring = certain death:)

Thanks for everyones help
Brent

***Warning the following _may_ not be a DIR compliant answer***

Given that you do not have a can light, you could always purchase an additional knife and wear it on your right side in place of a can light, then you'd have something to tug the long hose under.

Not that I made over 100 dives in my singles rig that way or anything ....

:flame:

Feel free to let me know that I should have died and looked like a dork :wink:

MBH:
Ok, I tried the hose under the knife sheath and it works well for preventing the danglies. However, each time I went to donate my primary while hovering in the prone position the hose would stay trapped behind the knife sheath. I don't think that's such a good thing being that I had to reach down with my left hand to free the hose. In a real emergency my left hand might be busy doing something else.

Hose tucked in the belt seems like the best way for me.....for now.

FYI
Once you have a canister light, you will need to reach back with the right hand and free the long hose from under it. Putting it under the knife will stow it similarly and develop good stowage + deployment habits. Tucking in the waistband and ripping it out is: 1) not a good habit for the future, 2) not compatible with proper storage of a light cord (which goes inside the long hose tucked in to the waist).

So the sequence should be...
Donate with right hand
wait
OK buddy
Reach down with right hand and free hose

Just try it for a couple dives, I bet you'll soon find the knife catch a nifty approach.

rjack321:
So the sequence should be...
Donate with right hand
wait
OK buddy
Reach down with right hand and free hose

Just try it for a couple dives, I bet you'll soon find the knife catch a nifty approach.

Now that makes perfect sense to me. Thanks a million! I'll work on that tomorrow.

Since I don't have X-Shorts (well, didn't before last Thursday, at least) or pockets on my drysuit (well, the one DUI is currently making me will have them, but I digress), I used to use a belt-mounted pouch from DiveRite to hold wetnotes, spools and the like, and I used that to keep the 7' hose in place on my singles rig. Worked great, since I didn't have a can light to hold it in place.

Now I have a can light, and X Shorts, and a drysuit with proper pockets on the way, and life is good. :D

(But things worked just fine before, too)

Sorry, but is a guy talking about 'hose length' bustin my chops about diving close to a buddy?

Plus, if you had seen my most recent dive buddy, you'd understand. :)

Seriously, Rjack's method sounds pretty solid to me.

jeckyll:
*hijack* I don't know how you guys define "Diving DIR" down in Seattle, but up here diving and dating are separate things. If you like being that *ahem* close to your team members we may have an issue :wink:
*/hijack*

Now, lets get serious and talk about hose length some more :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom