7' hose with single AL80 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll:
Try to not get too attached to the equipment configuration, or otherwise one day GUE HQ will tell you to swap your pockets contents and you'll be lost forever

Now that sounds just like something the US Army would do.:D

LG Diver:
So is mine. Try it. It works well.

Thanks! I've got a job in a pool in about an hour or so. I'll give it a try.

WJL:
And I'm not even sure what a "right forward hip D-ring" is as there is only one right hip d-ring on a conventional DIR rig.

I didn't think there were any d-rings on the right hip, but what do I know... I haven't taken Fundies yet. :wink:

LG Diver:
I didn't think there were any d-rings on the right hip, but what do I know... I haven't taken Fundies yet. :wink:
I was thinking of that strap and ring dealie on the weight pocket on the single tank rigs I've seen. I don't have one myself so I might be mistaken about that. There's no right d-ring on a doubles rig.

LG Diver:

Somewhere in the back of my head I've got the feeling that right d-rings are used when diving an RB80. But that was only mentioned in passing and I might be wrong.

I do know that my fundies instructor mentioned that when he was towing 20 stage / deco bottles 10,000 feet into Walkulla he used _only_ the left d-ring and leashes (plus some 3 scooters and rebreather & stuff). No bottles / scooters or anything non-RB related were attached to the right side.

:)

At the equipment configuration session of my DIR-F course (beginning of dive day 1) my instructor unceremoniously removed my right hip D ring and tossed it into my dive bag with a "you won't need this."

BTW I used a 7' long hose with my singles tank for quite some time before going to doubles. It's good practice, and its easy to tuck the hose into the belt (before I got a can light). I had more trouble with the 5' hose (that I tried first), it was a little to short to tuck conveniently.

Mark

But.... but..... It routes so pretty that way....

jeckyll:
Just because one website show the routing off the bottom, does not mean it is _the_ way.

Try to not get too attached to the equipment configuration, or otherwise one day GUE HQ will tell you to swap your pockets contents and you'll be lost forever

:rofl3:

Edit: Ok I thought I'd expand. Last week, Dan Mackay was quite clear on what parts of our equipment config mattered and why (I won't list all that here, go take the course). I assure you, routing of the first stage on a single didn't make the list. On doubles, _which_ post had _what_ routing off it was important of course!

If you're going to look anywhere for "the way" I'd suggest http://www.gue.com/Equipment/Config/index.html. Take a close look at some of the pictures and you'll see singles with routing either way :)
Just because you have your single rigged to route off the bottom, or off the side, doesn't mean you'll die and look like a dork either way :D

LG Diver:
I'll second (or third) stowing under the knife sheath if you don't have a can light. I do this, and it works great for me. Easy to deploy and stow, and keeps the hose nice and snug against the body.
I'll third (or forth) stowing the hose under the knife sheath when not using a can light.
Mucho better than just tucked in the waist belt.

Blitz:
But.... but..... It routes so pretty that way....

I'm just a walking Rule 6 violation in my singles rig, if you no longer want to dive with me at the end of April I'll understand. Oh wait, I'm bringing doubles :eyebrow:

I must admit that I love the routing on my doubles with the Atomics :D

I'm 5'7" tall and 125 pounds. I won't discuss my chest size! I use a 7 ft hose on a single setup as well as with doubles. You can see it in my avatar.
If you don't have a light then tuck it in your waist strap.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom