7' hose with single AL80 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's my set up- SS BP/30#W, MK25 1st stage. My hose routings off the 1st stage are DIR (primary off the bottom lp port). I started with my primary on a 5' hose and it seemed to be a little bit restricting.
I'm 47" around my chest.

My 7' hose got here yesterday and I got to dive with it today. It feels prefect and dosen't appear to create an entanglement risk. I'm not using a can light so the hose isn't tucked under anything.

Here's the question; Does anyone else use a 7 footer with a single AL80? Is this gonna cause me to die?

MBH:
Does anyone else use a 7 footer with a single AL80? Is this gonna cause me to die?
I use the 7 foot hose exclusively for all my diving, and have been doing so since about 1995. As far as I can determine, it has not caused me to die (at least not yet :D).

I hope that it doesn't cause you to die. I will be diving with almost the same setup, minus my tank will be a 100 instead of an 80. :)

Michael

i've used a 7' on all my Caribbean (single-tank) diving, no problems

MBH:
Here's my set up- SS BP/30#W, MK25 1st stage. My hose routings off the 1st stage are DIR (primary off the bottom lp port). I started with my primary on a 5' hose and it seemed to be a little bit restricting.
I'm 47" around my chest.

My 7' hose got here yesterday and I got to dive with it today. It feels prefect and dosen't appear to create an entanglement risk. I'm not using a can light so the hose isn't tucked under anything.

Here's the question; Does anyone else use a 7 footer with a single AL80? Is this gonna cause me to die?

I agree, I have a 40" chest and the 5 foot hose is restricting for me also. I actually bought a 6 foot hose today, just to try in out. I'll let you know how it goes. And No, you won't die using a 7 footer with an AL 80.

MBH:
I'm 47" around my chest.

Greetings from TN!

I'm 6'6", and have a 52" chest... I dive a 7' hose on a Mares Abyss with single AL80's all the time.... I absolutely love it!!

Have Fun and dive safe!

Randy

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate all the replies.
Brent

MBH:

Consider stuffing it underneath the waist belt.Holds it in place nicely and comes out easily when needed.

Just as an aside:

On a single, I'm not sure how important routing the Long hose off the bottom port is. On my doubles I route off the bottom port for the inflator and secondary reg, but when config'd for singles I actually don't use the bottom port.

I am not sure if you are diving with a dry suit, but with 4 hoses coming off the first stage I actually found the routing easier with 2 off one side and 2 off the other.

YMMV.

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom