7 Dives A Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevonDiver,
thank you for the referral :wink:

Unfortunately the version we have released (Nitrox) so far supports only series of 5 dives.

However, I did plug in the sequence of 24 dives mentioned by the OP (I used typical multilevel profiles with 3 minutes safety stops too) in our - unreleased - TECH version and, as expected, I did not see any deco violation.... but, at the end of the sequence the slowest compartments are quite full.

Considering that, according to the Buhlmann model, the slowest compartment has a half time of 635 minutes, it will take ~63 hours to completely desaturate it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks, Alberto,

Very impressive - I'm interested in your dive planning products.:D

If I understand you correctly, you are saying the OP should be okay with his original dive plan, as laid out in posts #1 and #4, assuming "typical multilevel profiles with 3 minutes safety stops".

Then you add that his Buhlman model slowest compartment (with a halftime of 635 minutes = 10.6 hours) will be "quite full" and that it will take 63 hours to completely de-saturate. He says he won't be flying for 26 hours (which was disputed by another poster and I calculate "7:40" to "1820" as 22.7 hours).

My question is, does he need to completely desaturate before boarding an airplane? If not, how long would he have to wait in order to board an airplane?

Thanks,
Mike

My last dive on the 3/12/2011 would be at 8pm and that leaves me about 26 hours before my flight. Question is : will I risk getting the bends with 24 dives if I stick to the depths written above?

It really depends on your dive profiles. If you dive within computer or dive table limits, you'll probably be OK, however I have doubts you'll actually be able to do 7 dives a day.

One problem is heat loss. Even in the tropics, you're going to lose a lot of body heat, and I don't know about you, but 7 dives/day would kick my butt.

flots.

I'm the last to judge anyone and I love a calculated risk but I'd urge you to be 100% sure on something like this ! I think you'd get plenty more dives if you survive to go on another trip ! Rome wasn't built in a day ! In the end - the last say is yours - and if you're confident that your plan is your masterpiece - then you enjoy every minute of it !!!!! Good luck in whatever you choose ! Just make sure you know for sure what you're doing ! An make sure you update us all when you return ! Got me on the edge of my seat !

Thanks, Alberto,

Very impressive - I'm interested in your dive planning products.:D

If I understand you correctly, you are saying the OP should be okay with his original dive plan, as laid out in posts #1 and #4, assuming "typical multilevel profiles with 3 minutes safety stops".

Then you add that his Buhlman model slowest compartment (with a halftime of 635 minutes = 10.6 hours) will be "quite full" and that it will take 63 hours to completely de-saturate. He says he won't be flying for 26 hours (which was disputed by another poster and I calculate "7:40" to "1820" as 22.7 hours).

My question is, does he need to completely desaturate before boarding an airplane? If not, how long would he have to wait in order to board an airplane?

Thanks,
Mike

If I'm reading it correctly, the one day plan was plugged into the software and it checked out. That is to say nothing of the OP's stated intention to do this on consecutive days nor of his plans to board an airplane. The horse has been beaten to death, no reasonable person should attempt this schedule. There's no compelling reason to even attempt it.

I would suggest having a dive vacation based on quality vs quantity. In the end, it would be a much better memory and more enjoyable. If you're set on doing as many dives as you can squeeze in, then go back and plan your dives based upon NDL's, not a time schedule. Happy diving!

If I remember correctly the ppN2 go up 2 fsw per letter group for the USN tables. He can be a Group D diver and fly (according to the USN).

If I'm reading it correctly, the one day plan was plugged into the software and it checked out. That is to say nothing of the OP's stated intention to do this on consecutive days nor of his plans to board an airplane. The horse has been beaten to death, no reasonable person should attempt this schedule. There's no compelling reason to even attempt it.

DevonDiver,
thank you for the referral
03.gif

Unfortunately the version we have released (Nitrox) so far supports only series of 5 dives.

However, I did plug in the sequence of 24 dives mentioned by the OP (I used typical multilevel profiles with 3 minutes safety stops too) in our - unreleased - TECH version and, as expected, I did not see any deco violation.... but, at the end of the sequence the slowest compartments are quite full.

Considering that, according to the Buhlmann model, the slowest compartment has a half time of 635 minutes, it will take ~63 hours to completely desaturate it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

No, I'm saying that a "new" group D diver is "safe" to ascend to 8,000 feet. He must wait to become a D diver about to go to C before he flies.

DevonDiver,
thank you for the referral :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks, I misread that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom