7 December 1941, "A date that will live in infamy." (Video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If diving on a wreck that was likely sunk 7 December 1941 is not a "Holy Grail of Hawaii" I don't know what is. Thank you MCBH Command Deck, MCBH Waterfront Ops, MCBH Flight Operations, MCBH Base Historian, and Dr. Van Tilburg and Ray Boland from NOAA. One more thing, the songs accompanying the video are for historical purposes...we have long since gotten over it...no offense intended to anyone or anything.

Wreck is in restricted waters, don't even ask me about "how do I get to go dive it..." The answer is "You probably won't". If you intend on doing a Ninja Dive on it (which will probably get you into the MCBH jail) I would like to remind everyone here that it still belongs to the United States Navy and taking ANYTHING from it, digging around it, or even touching it is breaking federal law. So don't do it...k?

Ok enough of the bad news....below is the good news :)

[vimeo]1743303[/vimeo][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I love those old War Anthems from the Big Band era. And this was a very appropriate choice considering the wreck being filmed.

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice. Thank you for sharing. Having lived on Oahu in the 80's and being stationed at Pearl, it brings back many memories.

A quest 10 years in the making. Thanks to all (HUE and the Marine Base)

Diagram of the wreck from the 1994 study

pby.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, enjoyed the music and it was fitting for the piece.

I noticed a man with the last name "Purifoy" is he related to the George Purifoy that has just passed?

Nice job on the video editing Sherman. It was a once in a lifetime experience. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. Hats off to all who coordinated this mission!

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom