7/24 Sunday 8:00 AM USS Speigel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136:
Holiday Inn reservation confirmed. Which captain should I call. Brent?
Gotta survey the family - they may not have logs to show experience for Brent. If not then we're confirmed already for Slate. Stand by!

I don't know if we can get Lori up that early, but if her brother-in-laws are going the three of us *might* be able to get her up!

MikeJacobs:
They have some large boats they use for the snorkel trips. Did you see tanks? Was it a Captain Slate's or an Amy Slate's boat?

Yup, everybody wants to dive that weekend for sure. Many operators are booked. Who knows whether the next hurricane will flip the Grove onto its port side!

hmmm..... Not sure which slate is Amoray Slates, but it wat that one.

A google search shows that Amory Slates is Amy Slates.

They did have a boat full of tanks and divers getting gear ready and
in wetsuits. There might have been a few snorklers on board,
but I'd say most of them were divers. I've never seen that many divers
on one boat. You couldn't see from one side of the boat to the other
it was so thick in people/divers.

We all stopped to look at it as we passed it. All of us went "jeez, did you
see how crowded that boat was?"

-mike

MikeJacobs:
Oh, man that would be a GREAT dive - you and Oliver... all we'd need are Scott & Marvel to make it like the old days!
*sniff sniff*

Scuba_Jenny:
*sniff sniff*
you NEVER dove the Grove with us lol!!! Note WHO is on Marc's last page of photos... where's JENNY?
http://groups.msn.com/faubertsinflorida/keylargodivetrip5804.msnw?Page=5

How about making some "new times" by coming along?

By the way, I think that was Marvel's second boat-dive trip, and it was on the 'Grove. Guess where her FIRST boat dive trip after certification was... that's right, the 'Grove.

Are you going to make this trip, Marvel?

KBeck:
So; don't suppose anyone's up for an earlier dip on Saturday instead/also? I can do either, but I know Scott works that Sunday................... :D :D
We are! We have deep wrecks on the books for Sat & Sun mornings. Assuming that the yellow tape is lifted by then, we may dive the Grove on both mornings! Check out GPatton's new Spiegel Grove video via www.GlennPatton.com for recent observations on SG depths and orientation... good stuff Glenn... thanks!

KBeck:
So; don't suppose anyone's up for an earlier dip on Saturday instead/also? I can do either, but I know Scott works that Sunday................... :D :D

I will be down that Saturday morning. I'm staying thru the 26th. Want to set something up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom