7/17 springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive:
Man, to live in Florida, and dive when you like...I envy you ppl.

And Simbrooks, you are still spring diving springs in a wetsuit?!?!? Didn't CBulla and I prove you don't need that cumbersome thing?
It was a 2.5 hour drive each way, but not bad to have the chance of getting wet :wink:

I was using my 5mm for weighting purposes for next weekend's far colder diving, but it turned out that we spent about 3.5-4 hours in the water, not all diving, so i needed that extra thickness to keep my core up there - my 3mm wouldnt have handled that as well. You and Colin only jumped in and out of the water, barely a 30 min dive in shorts, hardly in the same boat, and i am trying to lose a lot of that natural insulation as well at the moment, which does make me chillier - dont think i will ever be scubafool size though! :wink:

Tao of the Dive:
Man, to live in Florida, and dive when you like...I envy you ppl.

And Simbrooks, you are still spring diving springs in a wetsuit?!?!? Didn't CBulla and I prove you don't need that cumbersome thing?

Hey Tao,

I moved down here from the Macon area. I have a similar Georgia body type as yours (saw your pic from the GS party) and with a 3mm wetsuit, 6mm booties, gloves, no hood.... I can stay in the water comfortably until my air is gone. But Simon is right about needing some protection for a marathon-type day we had. As much as I love that cool spring water, my muscles did stiffen up a bit at the 4+ hour mark.

And come see us !!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom