7/17 springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Andy and i were discussing the other day (and Fred's name came up too) going to Ginnie or the like for a little dive time this weekend. Was wondering if anyone else wanted to hop on board. Yes i know we have done that spring to death in semi-OW, but its a chance to get wet. However personally i would be open to suggestions of state parks or the like, as i prefer free, and new places over Ginnie. Any thoughts? I would be up for the coast and shore diving, but i have a couple of trips down SE in the next month and after this weekend at Manatee Springs - it was so hot, that i cant imagine what it would be like off the gulf coast in this heat :wink: However again, up for hitting there again any time. Give me an offer, and i will find it hard to refuse :wink:

I would be up for something this weekend. Also on the cheap. Even though Ginny is not cheap I would consider it.

I should hope to have some gear along to shake out as well (AL BP, trim pockets, checking my 5mm wetsuit ahead of CA trip) and picking up a light too, so lets see what happens - i can see me being all over the place trying this stuff out :wink:

Any other takers?

I live in Orlando and have never done any freshwater diving. What's it like? Are you still planning to go this weekend? I think I'd like to give it a try.

Susan

Not a problem, do you know your way to Ginnie? Its about 2.5 hours max from downtown where i am. Do you have Ned Deloachs book to read up beforehand? Do you want to car pool? Are you ok at going somewhere with a physical overhead (ie inside a cavern - pretty safe, but you need to be in the right place to not get freaked)? Its real fun, not as much life as the reefs, but interesting nonetheless, and you wear less weight. It is a little chilly at 72F, but the sun will be out for SI's. You can dive nitrox there, but its almost a waste of that gas as it only goes to 55ft max. If i have gotten this correct, you could be diving with 2 intro to cave guys, 1 cavern guy (almost intro) and one on his way to cavern who have all dove this site at least a dozen times.

Let us know what your thoughts are, i will try to find a link from our BBQ party there in may this year if i can that might have info on the site in general. Its over 100 posts long, but if you skim through a bunch you can find info on the site http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=53810 or go to http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/dive.html which is the official website.

i am definetely up for Ginnie, as I need (sorry, Simon, you're reading this twice) to
finish fine-tuning my trim with steel tanks and my monster light before my last
two intro to cave dives.... so.... yes... i most definetely would love to hit Ginnie
this saturday

even though Smokeaire is coming

but if Madeline comes, it evens out

H2Andy:
i am definetely up for Ginnie, as I need (sorry, Simon, you're reading this twice) to
finish fine-tuning my trim with steel tanks and my monster light before my last
two intro to cave dives.... so.... yes... i most definetely would love to hit Ginnie
this saturday

even though Smokeaire is coming.
No, Madeline has to work and What do you mean...even though SmokeAire is coming???

But since there will be graduates of Intro to Cave diving we assume you will cook the hot dogs for our return. Yuk Yuk
And where is the Bonaire trip report?? Seen your pics. Very good!

:rofl:

I will be there, but I won't have time to talk to you "people". Hehhehheh, a mystery for you to figure out!

oh there goes the neighborhood now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom