7/02- Friday PM and 7/03-Saturday Am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool

Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a rather large storm in a rather small brain, and here is the result.

What about a camping/diving weekend in SouthEast FL?

Cheap shore diving from a veritable plethora (man, I've been wanting to use that phrase forever) of sites, my wife loves the beaches, Boca has a pretty cool arcade/fun park that the wife & child (OK, so I think it is alright too) like. This is sounding pretty good.

Is there any reasonably priced camping in the area? Where would we go to watch some spectacular fireworks? Would any of the SE ConchDivers be available to hang with the fool & family that weekend? These are the burning questions that demand answers! These are the critical issues upon wich the future of mankind depends!....................

I apologize for the above...episode. My keyboard was momentarily taken over by a madman. I am currently attempting to have him committed.

Actually I was planning on heading down to Hollywood maybe Friday afternoon for a night dive then spend the night and do some morning dives. Need to see if Scuba Jenny can spare the time to be tour guide.
Can ya huh huh pleeeeze!

Chuck

Pleeeeeeeze, SJ?!?!?!? I'll even let ya drive the truck to the beach!

I love the idea of diving all weekend of July 4th - anyone know if the beaches will be crowded? I've heard Hollywood beach has a good fireworks display.

MikeJacobs:
Yeech... you MUST be a native... better man than I, anyway. I don't even like to go outside during the summer unless it's directly to the WATER or something air conditioned!

Dude..its not that hot... and at least on that coast, you have a fairly consistant breeze. Last night we got down to a brisk 78 degrees here, and no wind at all! :)

Sounds good to me. I've bee trying to arrange a scuba beach camp out party since the usual suspects dove at the keys back in April, but the feed back I got was to wait until Sep. when it's cooler!! 4th of July will be crowded for sure, atleast down here. But yeah I'm down for a camp out at the beach!

I am in the same boat as Mike, it just seems too hot to do such things, even on the coast! But the fool is a hardly soul and very native to these kinds of temps. Would any of you rather the beach with a potential sea breeze or Ginnie with sweltering humidity to camp in???? (Was the previous plan)

I would say i would love to come, but even with cheap diving i would feel it too much of an overlap with Augusts plans.

Will have to see nearer the time.

simbrooks:
I am in the same boat as Mike, it just seems too hot to do such things, even on the coast! But the fool is a hardly soul and very native to these kinds of temps.
Well you're right of course! Where's the dive-camp planned? I can't make it but don't want to kill the idea, either!

If i go for this, there is no way i am camping - i just wasnt built for withstanding tremendous heat during the day and night (i need to be sub 80 at night to even begin to be able to sleep!!

If there is a location chosen i might consider a hotel or a sofa/floor of any kind donors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom