65# OMS Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d once bubbled...
Hey MD
I do most of my diving in New York. When the time comes that I start diving doubles I and gonna double up steel 100's. Right now I am diving a 7mm farmer john. Eventually I want to get a dry suit. I only dived this set up twice. Im just not sure if I should switch to the 45# bungied wing or stick with the 65# wing.

I'm also from upstate NY, but managed to escape while young :)

Not sure what to tell you if you want to stay with OMS. The 65# is total overkill for single tanks, but I would not trade it for a bungied wing. I have 2 wings, one single, one double and that is what I would recommend. In lieu of that, I would keep the 65, although it will be more than enough for HP steel tanks should you go that route.

If you are diving steel wet, I would also suggest you carry reduntant inflation (liftbag).

MD

I hear ya Md.
I'm looking to escape from NY too. What do you mean if I dive a single 120 steel wet I need redundant lift? Where I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying i need a dual bladder? Or are you talking about if I dive doubles?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom