600 card error card error card error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really?! Shouldn't come lose that easily. All digital cameras are that way and I've never had one come lose in a bump, even when I dropped one so hard it broke. I did fail to put my card in my DC500 correctly once, and got maybe 4 shots with onboard memory. :(

Well I can not say for certain, only that it has happened a few times, I test it when I first put it all together then I get into the water and the card is not present. then On the surface I reset the card and all is well. I can only assume the card is getting bumped or else there is some other sort of random problem.

Well I can not say for certain, only that it has happened a few times, I test it when I first put it all together then I get into the water and the card is not present. then On the surface I reset the card and all is well. I can only assume the card is getting bumped or else there is some other sort of random problem.
If that happened with my Canon, Sealife, whatever - I'd send it in.

Sailnaked,

Send in your camera to have it looked at. Sounds like there might be an issue with the retaining spring that holds the card in place.

Call 856 866-9191 and speak to our service techs for an RMA # to send it back with.

Joe

Got the "card error" twice on my trip this past weekend when first turning the camera on underwater,
even though it checked out fine before the dive. Very weird. The "reboot" worked each time -
unfortunately the conditions were not great for shooting, and the one dive where there were
some pics to take I didn't have the camera (long story).

...and the one dive where there were some pics to take I didn't have the camera (long story).
For the best dives, buy a camera, then leave it in the room. :eyebrow: Dead batteries also help. I'd once exhausted my DC500 battery right before the SS - and the marlin encounter.

I just don't get card errors, other than one old card that went bad - and who knows why? Could have been me allowing it to get hot, whatever.

For a case like this, I'd take a good card that has always worked in my Canon and switch the cards between cameras. If the card goes bad in the Canon, I send the in; if the good card goes bad in the Sealife, I sent that camera in; if it never happens again, frustrating good news. :)

Diving the Daryaw on the St Lawrence on Sunday morning (my 75th!), and my LDS
owner asked if I would take the "noobies" down, he wanted to check out a new
"deep drift approach" with the grizzled vets on the trip. I opted to leave the camera,
take a light, and pay more attention to my wife and two other divers making their
first descent on her. Easy enough dive, very cool wreck if you get the chance,
I dove her last year and did an extensive review with him before briefing my crew
and jumping in.

As for the card error, I'm going to pick up a new card before my next trip. I have a
feeling that once you start getting these you keep getting them. If it happens with
the new card, the camera will go back.

For the best dives, buy a camera, then leave it in the room. :eyebrow: Dead batteries also help. I'd once exhausted my DC500 battery right before the SS - and the marlin encounter.

I just don't get card errors, other than one old card that went bad - and who knows why? Could have been me allowing it to get hot, whatever.

For a case like this, I'd take a good card that has always worked in my Canon and switch the cards between cameras. If the card goes bad in the Canon, I send the in; if the good card goes bad in the Sealife, I sent that camera in; if it never happens again, frustrating good news. :)

Back
Top Bottom