6 locations in Greece and Turkey, any of them worth packing our dive gear for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reeferhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Leaving in about a week for a Clipper cruise. Diving is not the primary goal of this trip but my wife and I would like to know if any of these ports are worth packing our gear for?

Rhodes, Greece
Bodrum, Turkey
Daylan River, Turkey
Santorini, Greece
Hydra, Greece
Athens, Greece (3 days)

I've seen some decent dive pics of Bodrum and Santorini but there seems to be a lot of top side attractions as well.

TIA

I've only been to Athens and Rhodes and that was back in the late 60s when the antiquities law pretty much eliminated a chance to SCUBA dive. I did free dive off Rhodes at a bay known as Lindos and enjoyed it but can't speak for the waters near the port. Much of the Med has been pretty well fished out.

Santorini is a good place if you are looking for some different diving. It is a volcanic island with many caves. I f you like this kind of diving, then it is worth.
the law of forbidding SCUBA is expired and you can dive everywhere, providing there are no ancient antiquities. There is a huge difference, since you practically can dive almost everywhere.

Leaving in about a week for a Clipper cruise. Diving is not the primary goal of this trip but my wife and I would like to know if any of these ports are worth packing our gear for?

Rhodes, Greece
Bodrum, Turkey
Daylan River, Turkey
Santorini, Greece
Hydra, Greece
Athens, Greece (3 days)

I've seen some decent dive pics of Bodrum and Santorini but there seems to be a lot of top side attractions as well.

TIA

If you can spend some time in Santotini, you will have the oportunity to enjoy diving. There are plenty of dive spots for all levels of diving (novice to Tec). I hope you will like it. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom