6 cu ft VS. 13 cu ft Drysuit Inflation Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiver1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on size of your Drysuit Inflation Bottle and the plus and minus to both sizes. I personally use a 6 cu ft bottle presently, but I keep pondering over going up to a 13 cu ft and I'm interested on everyone's take on the subject.

Thanks!

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on size of your Drysuit Inflation Bottle and the plus and minus to both sizes. I personally use a 6 cu ft bottle presently, but I keep pondering over going up to a 13 cu ft and I'm interested on everyone's take on the subject.

Thanks!
6cu ft just isn't enough to do multiple dives in a day outside of an open water environment.l For single dives that aren't sawtooth profiles I like the 6cu ft, but for long bottom times with sawtooth profiles, I use my 13.

If you can find one, the 2500psi Al14 is a better argon bottle than the 13. They are few and far between, though.

If you can find one, the 2500psi Al14 is a better argon bottle than the 13. They are few and far between, though.
My father has one actually, an early luxfer pony bottle. It is probably made from the bad alloy however.

I dive OW. A 6cf is fine for a couple of T1 dives or 2-3 recreational dives (assuming relatively square profiles). We have 3-4 6s for long weekends. We have a 14 as well, which we mostly just use as an argon purge bottle, but could be put to use if we ever had a reason. The 14 is low pressure which makes it nicer than the 13 for transfilling argon.

I use a Faber 8 lp. Been fine for multiple dives. I dive a pack suit. It all depends on how much you fill your suit. At a relatively constant depth you will use little gas except for the descent.

Dale

Related questions:

1. Where do you guys wear your 6 -- bolted and bungied to the backplate or strapped to your back gas cylinders?

2. Do you wear your 13 in the same place as your 6, and if not why and where?

3. Does anyone move their 13 to the right side because they felt it was getting too crowded on the left side with multiple slinged bottles?

Related questions:

1. Where do you guys wear your 6 -- bolted and bungied to the backplate or strapped to your back gas cylinders?

2. Do you wear your 13 in the same place as your 6, and if not why and where?

3. Does anyone move their 13 to the right side because they felt it was getting too crowded on the left side with multiple slinged bottles?

I'll jump in here. I had six bottles on me at one point sunday with an aluminum 14. it's fine

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom