6/26 Dive. Night or Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to make it to one of these picnics! I'll be wreck diving in SD again this weekend... have fun! Would love to dive with you again Ren!

you can always join us on the 5th :)

I have yet to make it to one of these picnics! I'll be wreck diving in SD again this weekend... have fun! Would love to dive with you again Ren!

Bust out those new fancy fins and reel. :14:

I want to join the dive tonight, are you parking on HWY 1?- anybody can call me please? 805-844-3175.

Called him and gave details.

Had fun last night. They where ankle slappers going in but really rockey. Saw a bunch of need stuff last night. wish i had my camera but didnt because it was a night dive. any how we saw a Plainfin Midshipman http://www.stanford.edu/~marcospg/plongee/fish/DSC01689crop.jpg heres a photo of him. it looked like a creature from the deep. Also saw a Pink Abalone, garabaldi, big a$$ lobster, blacksmith, Black Perch, Copper Rockfish, treefish, brown rockfish, some big bright yellow fish dont know what it was, a thornback ray. when we poped our head up we got bombarded by topsmelt jumping out of the water. Not to mention it was a good 15 ' vis i hope conditions hold for tomarrow :) Thanks brian for being a good partner. And It was nice to meet the other two guys. Oh and did i mention we had 60 degree water constantly through out the whole dive :)

Yes, it was a great dive. Thanks for being a good dive buddy Jose. Saw a few crabs, a big lobster (first time seeing one swim, it took off quick and disappeared when we tried to grab it (for fun)), many different types of fish. Saw a 3ft leopard shark and that was cool. Props to Erica for being able to ID all of the different fish and for setting this up.

--Neil

BTW, doing the rocky exit/entry at night was a first for me. Walking on rocks with 60 lbs of gear isn't the easiest thing to do. Luckily the swells were small. Just like at White Point, I tend to walk just to the point where the water is thigh level high, then I float and kick as fast/hard as I can to get out. Coming in, I do the reverse. Swim until I'm sitting on the rocks, try to get up and walk. Getting sometimes isn't easy and so have to crawl.

Also, I'm slightly regretting getting the 120 tank. It makes these types of shore dives that much more difficult. I bought it because I was always the one running out of air first, and now that I have a better control of my boyancy, I'm coming up with lots of air to spare. Last night, I came up with 1500.

Yes, it was a great dive. Thanks for being a good dive buddy Jose. Saw a few crabs, a big lobster (first time seeing one swim, it took off quick and disappeared when we tried to grab it (for fun)), many different types of fish. Saw a 3ft leopard shark and that was cool. Props to Erica for being able to ID all of the different fish and for setting this up.

--Neil

BTW, doing the rocky exit/entry at night was a first for me. Walking on rocks with 60 lbs of gear isn't the easiest thing to do. Luckily the swells were small. Just like at White Point, I tend to walk just to the point where the water is thigh level high, then I float and kick as fast/hard as I can to get out. Coming in, I do the reverse. Swim until I'm sitting on the rocks, try to get up and walk. Getting sometimes isn't easy and so have to crawl.

Also, I'm slightly regretting getting the 120 tank. It makes these types of shore dives that much more difficult. I bought it because I was always the one running out of air first, and now that I have a better control of my boyancy, I'm coming up with lots of air to spare. Last night, I came up with 1500.

yea i prefure to do that one during the day only because then i can see what the heck im steping on. Found the hole in my drysuite it was on the bottom of my boot i steped on somthing sharp and it poked a hole through the sole so im fixing that now. Yep 120 are not the tanks to use on a beach dive you will kill yourself with those.comming in over rock is easer then going out because you can squat and ride the waves in on your back for a few feet missing alot of the rock but not going out only because you have to fight against the waves. also that was a verry low tide that we dove at not such a good idea. Not a good idea to grab lobsters on the off season. if it is a female and is careing eggs if it gets stressed enough it will drop the eggs. not good. :) glad you liked the dive we had good vis and TEMPS 60 Whoohoo!!!!!

sorry guys, I chose the spot, but it was still a nice dive. Coming in over rocks on low tide sucks! It's the one time I was glad I was wearing ankle supported rock boots.

Ditto to what Erica said about the lobsters, we want to make sure there are enough to catch during the season over the years so leaving them alone is a good idea!

Good dive guys!

Back
Top Bottom