5th-D X Stage Switch Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
About THIS VIDEO:

I know this is just a demo of a stage switch, but I have a question about the stages.

The diver begins with two stages clipped in, and one on the leash. One of the clipped in stages say 21 on it, meaning MOD 21, or 100% O2 I assume. The other is not labeled. The one on the leash says Oxygen.

Does this diver have two O2 stages and one mystery stage? Why is one stage unlabeled? Why are the two O2 stages labeled differently?

Again, I know this is only a demo training video, but doesn't the DIR diver use standardized stages? What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Rick Inman:
The diver begins with two stages clipped in, and one on the leash. One of the clipped in stages say 21 on it, meaning MOD 21, or 100% O2 I assume. The other is not labeled. The one on the leash says Oxygen.
I didn't look at the video, but my guess is that it's labeled as 21 meters, or 70 feet (i.e. 50% deco mix). I would also guess that the unmarked tank is a stage of bottom mix. So you have a stage of bottom gas, plus two deco gases - 50% and 100%.

The MOD 21(meters) is the 50% Nitrox Bottle. . .
The Oxygen Bottle in the video should be showing a 6 meter label as well.

DIR-Atlanta:
I didn't look at the video, but my guess is that it's labeled as 21 meters, or 70 feet (i.e. 50% deco mix). I would also guess that the unmarked tank is a stage of bottom mix. So you have a stage of bottom gas, plus two deco gases - 50% and 100%.
Yeah, that makes sence. Meters, right.

Duh.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom