500 Lumen Light only $79.99

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice dogpile.

Was my comment the only negative one about shipping costs to Canada? No. Nor was it the first.

Did I introduce the side topic? No.

Maybe the next time you poke someone about being fair, you should make an effort to be so yourself.

Dogpile? Really?
I just have a hard time understanding how DRIS selling a light has anything to do with you getting screwed by UPS or USPS?:confused:
Like I said start your own thread about that topic on its own, call me crazy but I think that would be the right place for it, not here. :no:

International Price Calculator

USPS first class mail to Canada, Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36", entered 2 lbs as the weight (I don't know what it weighs), $9.15. The point was not what the flashlight was worth. The point is that $20 is a lot to ship a flashlight. That's all.

DV said in post #104 that ($20) is what he paid. It does have to do with DRIS and is a fair comment.

You also commented that it was expensive to ship to Canada. Was your "complaint" also misplaced?

I think it is a nice light. I have been following this thread from the start, debating whether it was nice enough to warrant the cross border order. I have debated this all month. I finally decided that - to me - the additional costs were higher than I want to pay. Are only favourable responses allowed?

Is this an issue that is particular to DRIS as it serves Canadian customers? Of course not. But it does affect them.

I'm out.

Point taken. I disagree with you but will agree to disagree. Sorry for the unpleasant hijack Mike/DRIS

Ok just a quick light review to go with the others that are on here.

Price 79+- for the 1 or 2 times a year diver it may be a little more $ that you want to spend but when you use it the first time may find it worth the $. Why spend 40 to 50 for less light.

quality: It feels first rate. You know the feeling when something just feels like junk well this is not that. This light just feels like quality

Size: a little big and a little heavy for a back up light, but it will work just fine. I am not sure how it would work to put it in a sock but I am sure it can be done.

Focus: right combination of flood and spot. It will signal your buddy in low viz and provide the nice flood you want when you are cruising over the reef and want to look at the colors.

I would buy this light again and just may because I have children who always need lights. I am just sorry that I already bought them the pistol grip LED for more $

in summary this light will be my primary on day dives and will be my back up on night dives when my can light comes out to play.

If you need only one light and want to light up the waters this would be money well spent.

Well I got to use mine this weekend at the DUI Demo Tour. I only played with it during the day, but have a very positive opinion of it. The water was full of particulate stirred up by hundreds of divers , so vis was limited from the surface down to about 40 to 50 ft. range. This was my first time at ABWA, so I deployed the light at 25 ft. and proceeded to descend in open water. That puppy sent a beam down that looked like a ray from a Death Star in the limited vis. When I hit around 50 ft. and broke through the particulate, it lit the bottom up (78 ft.) to where I could see a nice flood light effect on the silt. I went on down and skimmed along the bottom to max out at 84 ft. and swam around lighting up the beer cans and grass. The DRIS 500 didn't show any signs of any type of leak, unlike the neck seal that rolled on my dry suit when I tried to adjust my hood that split on my neck. :shakehead: That water is COLD!

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2012 at 10:26 PM ----------

BTW, that Fusion Bullet I got from DRIS a couple years ago is also awesome. I was toasty and comfortable until operator error screwed the pooch! :wink:

Got my light yesterday and dove it today. The light is well made. Appears very well made and durable. Very bright for the size. Larger spot than my Photon Torpedo. Good compromise for when that 7 degree beam just isn't quite wide enough.

Got my light in today. Took it outside as soon as it was dark.

Took my Dorcy 180 out also, which is a pretty bright light. My batteries are a "little old" in the Dorcy, but they are still pretty bright.

but I turn on the DRS 500 light and HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS BRIGHT.

I can't wait to dive this thing.

I kinda wish I'd ordered two of them when they were on sale. :thumb:

I kinda wish I'd ordered two of them when they were on sale. :thumb:

It's still on sale.

Oh, it's still showing in the "sales" pop-up @ $79.99 until you add it to your cart. Give 'em a call. They might do it for $79.99.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom