50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

55.5 year young
Diving since 1995
Sydney-Australia
Dive with friends in the Illawarra Region of New South Wales.
Dived: Papua New Guinea (Madang, Kavieng, Rabaul), Vanuatu (Vila and Hide Away Island), Solomons (Munda), Phillipines (Puerto Galera), Noumea ,
Fiji (Yasawara - i- rara),
Truk Lagoon, Up and down the East coast of Australia , South Australia with the Leafy Sea Dragons.
Adv & OW certs.

Last edited:
Kevin Bryant, 57 years old, diving since '88.

Where do you live?
Savannah, GA

Where do you dive?
This past year, exclusively south Florida, primarily shore diving at Lauderdale By The Sea. Just found Blue Heron Bridge and plan do dive it a *lot*. I greatly miss the Nekton boats. I ain't dealing with dive and photography gear and the TSA and the airlines any more.

Favorite dive shop?
Gold Coast in LBTS and the Force E's

Current certification?
Solo - so's I can do my photography in peace

Started diving this year, though keen snorkeller for years.
Been locally (Sydney), Palau, South West Rocks (NSW), Great Barrier Reef. Plans for Jervis Bay (NSW) and Thailand trips early 2011. Long term dream of Raja Ampat.
Advanced open water certified.
Any other late starters out there?

I'm 54 and husband 57
Bournemouth, southern England
Approx 300 dives, hubby 150 dives,
Dived all round southern England, every year go to Red Sea, dived caribbean, australia and borneo.

65 certified in 1988, moved to Mexico to dive more frequently and only in warm water, I dove cold and dry in my younger years , and for me diving is supposed to be fun and cold isn't fun anymore
Come to Mexico and dive with me I'll be your guide
*★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚
...˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| ˚And a happy new year♥ ♥

I turned 55 this year and got certified this year. Been diving in "resort courses" for the past 4 years and been snorkeling for many years. Hope to do a lot of diving in the coming years!!

Come and join my little group of "oldie but goodies" as we head down to Little Cayman in June. I am down to the last 2 spaces (1 room). Some of us have been diving for over 20 years with 1000+ dives and some of us have under 50 dives!

All are welcome.... as long as you bring a smile!

I live in El Dorado Hills California (Sierra foothills east of Sacramento)
Certified in Monterey CA with Sacramento Scuba World
Dives: Saba, St. Barts, Anguilla, Hawaii, but the very best was Bali - 4 days 3 different locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom