50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 54 and husband 57
Bournemouth, southern England
Approx 300 dives, hubby 150 dives,
Dived all round southern England, every year go to Red Sea, dived caribbean, australia and borneo.

Where do you dive in england, my daughter will be doing study abroad there in june .that very well mightbe something she would love to do,

54, started diving in 1978.

Where do you live? Loch Lomond, Scotland.

Where do you dive? UK, but mainly Scottish West Coast[1], Caribbean with some jaunts to other parts of the world over the years.

Favourite dive shop? None; I have a few I will not use.

Current certification? BSAC Advanced Diver

Regards

1. I run open water training sessions in Loch Fyne on the second Saturday of the month (next 15 Jan 11).

Where do you dive in england, my daughter will be doing study abroad there in june .that very well mightbe something she would love to do,
Hi Lynn
Plenty of diving here on the south coast. Look up Poole and Swanage for diving. Quite a few clubs around and dive boats go out to many of the wrecks here. Also plenty of drift diving. Check out BSAC Dive clubs as well as PADI. There is a book called something like Dorset Wrecks which you should be able to get from Amazon and that will give her a good insight into what is here. Water maybe a bit cooler here than what you are used to. Also viz can change. Anyway hope she has a great time.......... Chris

I live in El Dorado Hills California (Sierra foothills east of Sacramento)
Certified in Monterey CA with Sacramento Scuba World
Dives: Saba, St. Barts, Anguilla, Hawaii, but the very best was Bali - 4 days 3 different locations.

I love diving Indonesia.... and am thinking about heading back there next christmas season to dive Lombok and then head head out towards Komodo (or just head over to Wakatobi for a week).

Always looking for a dive buddy to join me.... more fun than going solo. :D

From Banff ,Canada
Semi Retired,
Looking at Utila.....for the bottom time

50 + 11
Reno, Nv
Mexican River Maya Caves, Florida Caves, Monterey, Peace Dive Boat, Horizon Dive Boat.
Sierra Dive, Reno, NV
PADI Rescue, IANTD Advanced Nitrox, Apprentice Cave (Full Cave hopefully in Florida in 11)

Nope - not kidding about the age. I refuse to get old. Just ask my 55 year old Snuggle Buddy!

54 (March 9th I'll be 55) MSDT - Staff Instructor
Sold my Amex Financial Planning Practice in Dallas, kids are grown.. sold the house, and moved to St. Kitts as Chief Operating Officer of Birdrock Beach Hotel & Dive St. Kitts
I dive just about every day, at least 2 tanks, and still love it as much as 20+ years ago.
Have dived all over the world... this suits me just fine!
Come on down!!!
"good divers never get old, they can just stay down longer!!"

Sold my Amex Financial Planning Practice in Dallas, kids are grown.. sold the house, and moved to St. Kitts as Chief Operating Officer of Birdrock Beach Hotel & Dive St. Kitts
I dive just about every day, at least 2 tanks, and still love it as much as 20+ years ago.
Come on down!!!

Need an assistant (go-fer, bag boy, flunky, dive buddy)? Good for you! :D Congrats!

Come on down!!!
Wendy, how you manage to meet the folks you work with in St. Kitts? I'm looking to do the same thing in a few years if not sooner!

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

I'll 55 in May 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Local and Caribbean when possible
They keep closing here. Current shops are Torpedo Rays and Divers World
Rescue, PSD, giving serious thought to TEC training.
Retired early from Michelin, working for a school board now in a 'nerd' capacity.

Back
Top Bottom