50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do have a problem though, does anyone know who supplies wetsuits for well padded guys? I am 5'10 and 210lbs. The current Mrs P says I have enough blubber not to need a suit but they do stop the kit chafing.

I'm also a 71 year old guy with a little extra body. (5'11" 220 lbs.) I found that the Henderson wet suit with the high stretch neopreen comfortably fits all the extra bumps and things my body has grown. The suits come in different thickness but I use the 7 mil since I dive cold water quarrys most of the time. I think you would like this suit, except for the price. It ain't cheap.

I turned 58 today. NAUI Certified 40 years ago in 1970.
did some Keys bug diving in Aug.

Attachments

• SONY%20CYBERSHOT%20CAMERA%2011-08-2007%20478.jpg
    SONY%20CYBERSHOT%20CAMERA%2011-08-2007%20478.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 76
I do have a problem though, does anyone know who supplies wetsuits for well padded guys? I am 5'10 and 210lbs. The current Mrs P says I have enough blubber not to need a suit but they do stop the kit chafing.
The Aqualung Flex (XXL or XLS) is probably about right, maybe even just an XL. An XXXL will definitely be too big.
Rick

I am 61 years young and don't look or feel my age.
Certified PADI OW May 1989
Currently PADI AI Apr 2004
Dives logged 1710
Have dove: Tahiti, Bora Bora, Puerta Galera, PI, San Diego, Monterey, Carmel, Ft Rose, Avalon, Catalina, Oahu, Maui from 1990-2008, St Thomas, Belize many times, Roatan, Grand Cayman many times, Key Largo, Jupiter, Clearwater, Tarpon gulf areas.
Favorite Dive Shops; Catalina Scuba Luv, Sports Chalet, Vacaville, Ca, Depth Perception, Brandon, Fl, Jupiter Dive Center, Fl, Silent World, Key Largo. Votex Springs, Blue Groto, Devil's Den, Paradise Springs.

Last edited:
:balloons: Happy birthday (belated)

Will be 51 on 12/02.
Where do you live? Isabela, Puerto Rico.
Where do you dive? All over the island of PR when weather and wife permits. :wink:
Favorite dive shop? PR Technical Diving Center, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
Current certification? AOW
Began diving in 1978 (Military), Recreational Certified 2010: 38 logged Recreational dives, mostly solo, While in military service but I could not keep any records, Military training dives in North/Baltic Sea off West Germany 1978-82 with German Army divers (boy that's very cold water even in summer), Land Between The Lakes, Ky 1982-83 (Another cold place), East/West Sea off South Korea 1984-85, Pensacola/Key West 1985-87.

53 years old.
Diving since 1979.
Knoxville, TN
Worked with local rescue squads on dive team. Love to dive locally, or anywhere. Prefer Caribbean, Mexico and Roatan.
PADI AOW, S&R, Rescue, Nitrox, and I'm hope to get a drysuit from Santa this year....

Iam 63,been diving 15 years when i grow up I want to be an instructor .For now I have to work to support my habit.Got certified in Jamica,nex diving was in lake norfork Arkansas.Two of our 6 boys are instructors.most of my family is certified but will not dive in the lake.One trip to Cayman they come back 80/80 divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom