50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GOOD MORNING from ST. KITTS!
Heading out for another beautiful day of diving. At 54, I moved here nearly 2 years ago so that I could dive, dive, dive! Sold my financial planning practice, my house, my car, my kids, my stuff, loaned out the dog, and moved from Dallas after 30 years!! Been diving nearly 6 days a week since working as an instructor, & "Chik-N-Charge" at Kenneth's Dive Center, and Love love love it! SO many of my diving clients are over 50, and last week, a fabulous gentleman of 76 years old was diving with me. Hope to see many more of you come visit, and see tha beautiful waters of St. Kitts!! It appears the general diving population (baby boomers) are still diving, or newly discovering diving, and I LOVE it! Hope to see you soon! Visit me or Kenneth Dive Center on Facebook! Cheers Y'all!!

:kiss2:

57 here.

Just recieved my SSI AOW C card last week. Had diving on my bucket list for years but real life kept getting in the way. Now have 36 dives in various environments. Lake, springs and salt water. Saltwater has been Jamaica and West Palm. Got to say I really love drift diving in WPB. Going next weekend to dive Morrision Springs in Florida and then on to Panama City to dive the Chickasaw and the Black Bart.

As has been stated here already, I plan on diving as long as I safely can. Hope to be diving many years from now. The way I see it as long as I stay in shape (work out 3 days a week) and carry my own gear then I will be jumping out of perfectly good boats for a long time to come.

wow you are living my dream! Might have to sell everything in the next couple of years and take the money and run!

seastarson-
not 10 min. ago i got a call from my scuba partner/adopted son
interview in nyc a success-med. school in st. kitts!!!!!!!
i told him to buy a house.......
:D
hope to meet you
have fun
yaeg

seastarson-
not 10 min. ago i got a call from my scuba partner/adopted son
interview in nyc a success-med. school in st. kitts!!!!!!!
i told him to buy a house.......
:D
hope to meet you
have fun
yaeg

Sounds like the making of a Clint Eastwood movie. :laughing:

Congrats!

I'm 75 and just made my 600th dive. Getting to make that dive was #1 on my bucket list; I have stage 4 metasasized breast cancer. This was the first I've felt well enough to dive again since being diagnosed in Feb. 2010. My last chemo worked well and I'm praying it keeps the tumors down for awhile. I'd love to go on another dive trip. My husband says I look the same underwater as always, and I found I could breath better down at 60' than up in the air. I'm a happy diver after last week in Roatan.:D

simonds:6086261:
I'm 75 and just made my 600th dive. Getting to make that dive was #1 on my bucket list; I have stage 4 metasasized breast cancer. This was the first I've felt well enough to dive again since being diagnosed in Feb. 2010. My last chemo worked well and I'm praying it keeps the tumors down for awhile. I'd love to go on another dive trip. My husband says I look the same underwater as always, and I found I could breath better down at 60' than up in the air. I'm a happy diver after last week in Roatan.:D
. God love you. Keep kicking.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

50+ in physical age, 32 in attitude. :D

1. Pacific Northwest and Boulder Colorado.

2. Anywhere there's water. Temp and vis are not important. Friends and buddies are.

3. Any dive shop that will respect me as a customer when I walk through the door, regardless of whether they know my experience level.

4. Divemaster, although that doesn't mean much. I prefer to be classified as 'Always learning, and always willing to help teach.'

:coffee:

... and I found I could breath better down at 60' than up in the air...
As soon as the air down here cools off enough, I wear a drysuit. The feeling of the suit squeeze while floating down to 100' without is exquisite. It's like I'm being reassembled. It passes once I equalize, but for 30 seconds or so, it's bliss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom