5 Things You Will Love About Your Rescue Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are DM certified so you work as one or not is not the issue. You have been trained yes? You were in a pool. Not like you were in a 3 knot down current in the ocean at deeper than 40m depth. That's a lot of fun diving.

Part of anyone's training is to decide whether or not to even start a dive or end a dive for any reason. We have seen in many of your posts you do things like being knowingly underweighted and following other divers and getting into trouble on your dives. I hope one day not to be asking on this forum where is Dody only to find out some mishap ended you on a dive. I would have thought that in that deep pool you were never in any serious trouble as you did have a dive partner yes? You are the one who decided to dive with a non functioning BCD. These are your decisions alone really. Anyway it's another experience you can chalk up to.

I got just the song for you Dody.

Just wanted to weigh in here,
Irrespective if you are right or not in this observation, to me this is bad form. Dody shared an experience with us earlier that can help him and us and this led to an interesting discussion. Throwing that back in his face in another thread -to me- is not cool and contrary to what we try to do here.

I was making the point that most rescue courses aren’t great.and echoing manatees comments. No need to get all fluffed up over it.
Those comments you were supposedly echoing were that people should take the course twice. You said that taking it even once was stupid. And, Robert Diver merely pointed out the obvious: you're in less than 1% of divers, so your training path is irrelevant to providing any kind of practical example as to how the unwashed masses should train.

Those comments you were supposedly echoing were that people should take the course twice. You said that taking it even once was stupid. And, Robert Diver merely pointed out the obvious: you're in less than 1% of divers, so your training path is irrelevant to providing any kind of practical example as to how the unwashed masses should train.

I have done rescue training with two different agencies with over a 20 year span between first doing it and the second time. IT is now 8 years since I redid it and I would say, unless I re-read my training manuals which I do, I would be useless as a rescue diver.
I have the certification and no real world experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom