5 mm wetsuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I bought my 5 mm wetsuit they suggested me to buy a 5 + 5 mm that is a 2 pieces wetsuit both of 5 mm. Though it might sound strange, they tend to be warmer than the one piece 5 mm suits

Love my Waterproof

Never been able to find a Waterproof wetsuit that fits me nicely.

Over the past 20 years I've been happy with Mares suits until I found Fourth Element, both makes fit me well off the shelf.

A wetsuit is something I'd never buy online, it's much better to go to an LDS and try a few on.

I need a new 5 mm wetsuit. The reviews I read on numerous websites seem overly positive. They rarely give a bed review! I like my Henderson 7 mm but would be happy to hear new options and opinions

I like my Scubapro Definition. What's distinguishes it from all the other 5mm wetsuits? Very little...but: wrist & ankle zippers, a "wristband" strap to help keep a dive computer in place, and a neck zipper. That's really the only differentiating feature -- nice to have an easy way to flush some water into the suit if you're too warm. Or for any other reason.

Never been able to find a Waterproof wetsuit that fits me nicely.
<snip>
A wetsuit is something I'd never buy online, it's much better to go to an LDS and try a few on.
Funny, that. My 5mm Waterproof fits like it was custom-cut for me. But yeah, trying on a wetsuit in person is the best way to make sure it'll fit.

From what I've heard about wetsuits and people not in standard size, is Hendersons are great if you're not standard in a tall and lanky way and Bare is great if you're not standard in basically any other way. I'm short, stocky, and female and Bare is the only brand that has a wetsuit that will fit me perfectly.

If you fit well in a standard size, you can go with anything

Deep 6 is selling off their remaining stock with the 3 mil's at $150. These are the best wetsuit bang for the buck and much warmer than any 3 mil I have dove. If they have your size left, its a great deal for everything you get.

They recommend a 5 mil minimum in the cenotes in Tulum, but I have always been warm enough in just my Deep 6 3 mil. It flows very very little water. If you pee alot in your suit, I would recommend having a pee zipper installed. The bottom 6 inches or so of the arms and legs is like a seal. $150 for a quality 3 mil with pockets sewn on is a great deal.

Good luck, I love mine.

3mm Deep 6 Wetsuit

Jay

I’ve been wearing custom suits for almost thirty years, but needed to replace my 5mm suit in a hurry so did not have the time to have a new custom one made. I ended up with a Waterproof W4 suit that fits me almost as well as any I’ve ever had, and has more features that I like that I’d not even considered before, only thing that I’d add is a relief zipper. Your own parameters will determine which manufacturers you might consider, (i.e. I insist that a 5mm suit has ankle and wrist zippers,) but the most important thing is a proper fit. Go to one of your local shops and try on suits until one calls you “daddy.”

Does aqualung make a 5,5 wetsuit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom