Question 5 days/nights to dive, should I spend 3 nights in Panglao/Bohol (dive Balicasag), take the ferry to Siquijor, and spend 2 nights there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Volleyball

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Short trip, I always enjoy staying in at least two different areas. I am already accounting for not diving on the last two nights, I still have 5 full days of diving and could possibly squeeze in an afternoon/evening dive on "day 0"

With only 5 days I would stay in one place. Traveling in Philippines is very slow, a transfer would mean you lose a day and 2 nights is only 1 day.

Where are you flying in/out of Philippines? Be sure to be back on the island you’re flying from the day before the flight - do not rely on a ferry or domestic flights to get you to the airport on time on the same day.

Staying in Panglao you might be able dive with a good shop :
- Balicasag (full day trip) worth at least 2 trips
- Local Alona/Doljo walls and macro
- Pamilacan island (full day trip)
You've already covered 5 days diving.

Siquijor might be a too longish trip, you wont be able to dive for the transfer day.

If you REALLY have itchy fins, Cabilao would be your best move from Panglao, it takes less than 2 hours to transfer by car, hence you could still schedule late morning and afternoon dives if you travel early.
Better plan Panglao as a second spot, the airport is located 20 minutes drive from anywhere on the island.

With only 5 days I would stay in one place. Traveling in Philippines is very slow, a transfer would mean you lose a day and 2 nights is only 1 day.

Where are you flying in/out of Philippines? Be sure to be back on the island you’re flying from the day before the flight - do not rely on a ferry or domestic flights to get you to the airport on time on the same day.

Yup! Accounted for the travel days. On "day 0" I could probably squeeze in an afternoon/evening dive. The day after the 5th day of diving, will fly from Cebu (or wherever) to Manila to make my flight back home the morning after. At this point, only my round trip from home to Manila is booked

Staying in Panglao you might be able dive with a good shop :
- Balicasag (full day trip) worth at least 2 trips
- Local Alona/Doljo walls and macro
- Pamilacan island (full day trip)
You've already covered 5 days diving.

Siquijor might be a too longish trip, you wont be able to dive for the transfer day.

If you REALLY have itchy fins, Cabilao would be your best move from Panglao, it takes less than 2 hours to transfer by car, hence you could still schedule late morning and afternoon dives if you travel early.
Better plan Panglao as a second spot, the airport is located 20 minutes drive from anywhere on the island.

My thoughts were IF my plan was to go to both Panglao and Siquijor, there's a ferry in both directions that departs around 3pm and another around 8pm. So could dive all day and take the late evening ferry

I just got back from this trip:
1729552564566.png

Mactan Island.
The airport is 10 mins away.

Are you saying I should spend all 5 days diving in Mactan and what is there?

Edit...I have no problem with traveling to different sites, are you suggesting Mactan to cut down on travel time or do you think Mactan would be better than Panglao and/or Siquijor?

Are you saying I should spend all 5 days diving in Mactan and what is there?

Edit...I have no problem with traveling to different sites, are you suggesting Mactan to cut down on travel time or do you think Mactan would be better than Panglao and/or Siquijor?
Your last two night of the trip.
You will be surprised by the quality of the dive especially Hilutungan and Nalusuan.
You can fly from Tagbilaran to Manila but not from Siquijor which requires a ferry to Dumaguete.

Your last two night of the trip.
You will be surprised by the quality of the dive especially Hilutungan and Nalusuan.
You can fly from Tagbilaran to Manila but not from Siquijor which requires a ferry to Dumaguete.

The short flight and/or ferry logistics all work within the schedule and do not bother me. IMO, do you believe Mactan is better than going to both Siquijor and Pangloa? What exact itinerary do you recommend for 5 days/nights?

The short flight and/or ferry logistics all work within the schedule and do not bother me. IMO, do you believe Mactan is better than going to both Siquijor and Pangloa? What exact itinerary do you recommend for 5 days/nights?
I will concentrate on one place in such a short trip but since you raised the question, Mactan was my reply.
Panglao WAS very nice when I first went there in 1996. At that time only divers would had gone there but
the subsequent massive development has changed the place completely. AFAIAC, the place is history for me.
Make sure your operator filled their own tank rather than sourced from somewhere else. That is my recommendation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom