(5/01/05) Diver missing in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Dog:
I do have one observation to make...there seems to be a misunderstanding or disagreement on the responsibilities of the dive operator vs. the responsibilities of the diver.

Maybe we should start a thread exploring this.

That thread has already been started, See: What is a Dive op's responsibility.

cmgmg:
Hey, you got something against follicly challenged?!!!! :laughing: :58: :laughing: BaitedStorm will have something to say bout that!

Hey......... :11: back off the bald people man..... skin is in, bald is yummy! :eyebrow:

now look, you've made me hijack my own thread :god: it's refreshing to see something new being said though aye?

Island Dog:
I do have one observation to make...there seems to be a misunderstanding or disagreement on the responsibilities of the dive operator vs. the responsibilities of the diver.

Maybe we should start a thread exploring this.

I'm considering starting a thread titled "Is it safe to dive in South Florida?".

cmgmg:
Hey, you got something against follicly challenged?!!!! :laughing: :58: :laughing: BaitedStorm will have something to say bout that!

PF, no problem ... just sit tight and let's see what comes out. If you read the local blogs though, they're pointing fingers at the rescue response people (slow response, unqualified divers, etc. etc.). Something political is going on since it appears the chief of Key Largo Volunteer Fire Rescue, Inc was involved in getting the Grove there and may have been responsilbe for its premature sinking ... or so they say. That place is like Peyton Place or, better yet, Desperate Housewives! :11:

Baitedstorm is follicly challenged? eek, he said that, not me.

I saw that interesting link you provided. Thanks. Interesting but that stuff is after the fact and would not have had, it seems, any effect on the fate of the diver. What he needed was instant help.

Who do you use as your NY dive shop? Bet we use the same one.

MoonWrasse:
I'm considering starting a thread titled "Is it safe to dive in South Florida?".

Wonder what it's going to do for business when it is made clearer that you are essentially on your own if you surface in distress?

H2Andy:
actually, that doesn't look like an anatomically correct horse to me

in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if the rendering is inteded to . . . render
the (now extinct) species Hippidon, which, while a cousin to the
Equus family, was not directly linked to the modern horse (either Old or
New World species)

or, seeing as Hippidon went extinct about 4 million years ago, maybe the
image is meant to be that of a Equus hemionus, the desert-adapted onagers of
Asia & the Mideast, including the kiang

also, whatever the thing is, it is clearly alive. AS INDICATED by the splurting blood
which emanates from the blows. clearly, if the beast were dead, the blood would
have coagulated and thus any spurting would be out of the question.

at best, we can conclude from the image that someone (of identity unknown,
but probably someone of Caucassian origin, with a gene for baldness in the family)
is striking some sort of animal related to the horse, with what appears to be
a baseball bat, while the horse-like animal is lying on the floor, perhaps
quite close to giving up the ghost, but not quite there yet.

yup. What he said.

pilot fish:
Baitedstorm is follicly challenged? eek, he said that, not me.
very intresting.... That is not at all what he said. See how easy things can be misconstrued. I know it is intended to be funny (and it is) but can you see how the snowball effect happens..

baitedstorm:
very intresting.... That is not at all what he said. See how easy things can be misconstrued. I know it is intended to be funny (and it is) but can you see how the snowball effect happens..

Take notice of the question mark - ?? . It is not an affirmative statment but a joking question. I know you're not bald but I was making a joke, which failed. See how things can be misconstrued? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom