4 way Antarctic undergarment weighting issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I tried my new 4 Antarctic Undergarment at the end of last summer with my new Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit and with 30 lbs. of lead and a steel 95 tank, I was still like a cork. I planning on hitting the water in a few weeks to try it again.
I imagine I will need at least 40lbs. to sink it, if not 50lbs.
Thankfully, my Zeagle Ranger LTD can hold 50 lbs. of weights

Any of you have the same experience with this undergarment?

THANKS!!

I dive 2 different suits and the most I need in weight is 28 pounds and that is with fairly thick undergarments.When I first started diving dry I needed more weight but, have shaved it down, have you dove dry a bit? To me seems like alot of weight but??????

I have talked to my LDS and they say an undergarment like this can take alot of weight to sink it.
I've heard a good of thumb is to start with 10% of the diver's body weight(my case, would be approx. 20lbs.) and add 10lbs. and go from there.
Maybe I really need to "burp" the suit twice since this undergarment is real lofty and thick. I'm going to make it work regardless what I have to do. Right now, the site where I dive, temps are in the 40s at the surface and at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom