4 missing 28 rescued dive yacht sinks with in tubbataha after departing from cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apedai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99

Thanks for the heads up. I hope they find and rescue the four missing people.

I’m going there in June, 2024. This quoted paragraphs, below is a bit of a concern.

“Not yet confirmed. Medyo mahirap ang communication doon sa area (Communication signal in the area is hard). But according to PCG personnel in Tubbataha, they were hit by a squall late last night,” Labay explained. “The same weather disturbance na na-experience natin kaninang around 6 a.m. (we experienced around 6 a.m.), sudden surge of rain, violent winds.”

“This cannot be detected. We have no warning from PAGASA about this. Also, this info is from our people on the ground,” he added.”

There is a picture on FB that shows it sunk in 1500 feet of water if I understand that correctly?
1682958286467.png

There does not seem to be any more information on the 4 missing divers. If they were lost on the sinking boat and it's in 1,500 feet of water, they might not every be found. I've been on numerous live aboards and this is what scares me, more than an accident in the water, diving. It doesn't seem to be a bad idea to have a mask, light and supply of air beside every bed.

Not a bad idea. But I cant sell that as a family vacation.

Lol. Been a rough few years for live aboards. Im out. At least until divers can responsibly charge batteries, and night watches actually stay sober and awake.

Back
Top Bottom