4 hydros; NO refill...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I was talking about. Some of these guys must have stacks of them lol. There are a couple of versions out there.

Saguaro used to be my shop when I lived in Mesa. At that time air fills were free, just tip the filler. Always got short filled though in spite of a fair tip.

Yes there is a lot of info and resources out there for shops to get 'educated', but I don't see it changing. I am talking about my AO, Florida. I have even seen a shop drill a hole in an aluminum tank so it couldn't ever be filled.
If you dive here and have tanks, you know. I got rid of my AL tanks as they were getting old and knew of the pending difficulty of getting them filled, bar a bailout, once I moved back here years ago.
I know those short fills. Didn't matter, you never got a full fill no matter how hard you tried.

...Saguaro used to be my shop when I lived in Mesa. At that time air fills were free, just tip the filler. Always got short filled though in spite of a fair tip....
I didn't really use them for fills. I just bought things there now & then. He was better stocked on things like yokes, hoses, & high pressure hardware than other shops were. His prices on last year's rental gear were usually pretty good too. I mostly got my fills from a place on Bell road, somewhere east of 43'd ave I think, or else I used the SSI place down off of I-17, probably somewhere around Olive. The place off of I-17 really surprised me when they told me that I would need to leave my tank for a couple of days to get a VIP sticker, as nobody there could do it. I think that's how I ended up with a Saguaro sticker. He had me in & out pretty quickly.

Here in South Florida, it's typically a 15 minute affair to get a sticker. If I come in with the tank empty & the valve already broken loose, that time shortens even more.

Shops do vary.

Back
Top Bottom