4 days in Belize - where to stay - Ambergris, Turneffe, etc.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hal

Contributor
Reaction score
Will have 4 days in Belize. Hope to hit reefs, Elbow, Blue Hole, etc. After reading a variety of postings, Ambergris seems like a great place but relatively far from Lighthouse and Turneffe Atolls. Given its central location, does it make more sense to stay on Turneffe?

Thanks,

Hal

No way to stay on the atolls if you are only there for 4 days. San Pedro and local diving is probably your only real bet. You could do a full day trip to the Elbow, but I'd pass on the blue hole. Go see the guys at Protech. They'll take good care of you. Belize is worth figuring out how to stay longer if you can.

Turneffe Island Lodge does transfers Wed as well as Sat and they have 3 and 4 night packages. Whether it makes sense for a short trip I have no idea. (My idea would be to stay 10 nights, not 3. :wink:

For a short diving stay, either come here to San Pedro and take day trips to Lighthouse/Blue Hole or Turneffe/Elbow. Or go to Tobacco Caye, which is some way south, right on the reef, and good for all three atolls (San Pedro is too far from Glover's Atoll for it to be visited). Tobacco Caye is good value, and can be visited at backpacker prices.

Write to me at peter@protechdive.com if you want more info/advice.

Thanks for ideas. Will explore options from Ambergris. Does seem like for a relatively short time, may be tough to stay out on the cayes.

Hal

Back
Top Bottom