300din manifold and 200din regulator,O2 clean and coatings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just had my 72 steels made into doubles.Originally I was going to get 200 din fittings on a rebuilt used manifold but there was a problem and the lds ended up giving me a new Halcyon 300 din manifold for the same price. The problem is I have only one 300 din regulator. Will a 200 din reg work in a 300 din manifold? If my guess is right it won't. I had planned on getting plugs to convert the din to yoke for the time being. If my second guess is correct I can't do that either with this manifold. Did I make out OK in this deal????

One final question. The tanks were to be O2 cleaned. I have only owned them about 4 months now and the vis is that old. The LDS that doubled them up for me said they had a coating in them and one tank had the coating starting to flake off. He tumbled the tank for 2 hours and got the loose coating off. He told me it was fine for air but would not put an O2 clean sticker on it because he was not familiar with the coatings in steel tanks. This shop is not where i originally bought the tanks. Can tanks in this condition be used for Nitrox? I'm really disappointed . This is the second time this summer I've Had a problem with coatings flaking off (a different tank was scrapped because I was told it would cost more to tumble the coating and rust out than the tank was worth).

200 bar = 5 threads
300 bar = 7 threads

So no a 200 bar reg will not screw all the way in because it does not have enough threads. That said you might be able to get the 300 bar din parts for your reg.

As for the cylinders - you can use them for pre-blended NITROX. No partial pressure blending.

I've never seen a 200 bar DIN fitting on a reg, but I'm sure they're out there, and I suspect you are right, it will not fit. The plugs won't either. This is a problem with the 300 bar valves. So, I guess you didn't do so well in that regard. You should ask at the dive shop about a 300 DIN fitting for the reg. What kind of reg is it?

If it's a vinyl coating or something like that in the LP72s I have definitely heard that some of them are impossible to get out. I'd be tempted to use a solvent, then tumble to get every trace of the solvent out, then clean like crazy. But, I don't really know if that would work.

Any tank suitable for scuba air can be use for nitrox as long as it is not filled via partial pressure.

Mattboy,
I have a Mares MR42t first stage that is yoke and a Poisiden that is a 300 bar din. I also have an older dacor. does anyone know if halcyon makes a 200bar din manifold? Is this a controversial question? It seems some are very territorial over Halcyon stuff. back to the issue, I guess I'll have to buy 300 bar din fittings for my regs and use yoke adapters when I dive my single tanks. Thanks for the info , no matter how discouraging it is.

I see, so what you need is a DIN fitting for the Mares 1st stage? That shouldn't be too hard to find, maybe the trident catalog has one.

The other option is that you could go back to the dive shop and insist that you get a 200 bar manifold, good luck on that one. :D

Your reg may work, just see if it screws in and seals. As for the liner, a tumble to get any loose material out is fine for air and pre-mixed up to 40% Nitrox. If you want to get the liner out, you can tumble with standard media but it can take days to get it out. I know of one diver who got the resin out in a day by using 3 pounds of stainless steel deck screws as a cutting media and then followed it up with a standard tumble.

An alternative is to put in a methylene chloride paint stripper and let it work for 4 to 6 hours and then a lot of rinsing and a tumble. But this makes a big mess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom