300: Fantastic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That movie made me miss the Army. Teamwork. Dedication to a cause. Pride!

The classic line in it for me was: "Come home with your shield, or on it."

Yes that pic is more accurate. The shirt was indeed red and made out of silk and also way oversized for a reason.

Red would cover the sign of any blood and make them look more invincible. Silk is the strongest cloth and take an arrow hit. The cloth goes into the wound, especially since the shirt was over sized, and then the arrow could be pulled out.

Lot of arrows back then were designed so if they were stuck in the body and you pulled out the shaft....the arrow head would stay in and you had to dig it out. Odds are you died from infections.

With the silk shirt going into the wound around the arrow head, you just cut the shirt and pulled out the whole mess.

Man, I know so much worthless stuff.

saw this movie on the weekend and really enjoyed it. the length of over 2hrs was testing my patience a bit and yes a big gory in places but i sat there at times in awe of how the spartans were portrayed.

hubbys family is greek (plus he loves these types of movie stories) and he remembered being a kid and visiting the places from the movie so he loved it (got our copy arriving tonight so im sure i will be watching it again on the weekend)..... if only the ending could have been different, would have made his day

oh... did anyone else feel silly checking out the guys in the movie and having to remind yourselves that they were computer graphics???

No, cause I thought those pecs were real.

I only found out here on SB, the mecca of vast knowledge, about that.

VERY interesting about the silk shirts! thanks, love that stuff

you in here beating your chest Catherine? :wink:
I still need to go see this film in IMAX

lol

hey...I need a new sig line

or title :D

well I might just have the making of a perfect storm, 300 is still playing in a local IMAX theater, it looks like rain is in the forcast for Saturday, and I think my wife will be working. So 300 is a likely event this weekend.

Fantastic movie! People left there very quiet, hardly any talking at all. I liked the fact that the women in the movie were like normal women, not all playboy bunnies...

The ending was inaccurate, but it's creative license. A buddy at work saw it in IMAX and said it was awesome! I have to try to get out to see it again.

Only thing was, if you had seen Sin City, some of the characters were similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom