300: Fantastic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spratman:
...... I liked the fact that the women in the movie were like normal women, not all ........

agreed. 3 scenes stick out for me....... but davo hasnt seen the movie yet so i cant comment yet

good on you Lorraine :)

Haircut.............$15
Sashimi lunch.....$25
35 mile drive
to an Imax
theater
Ticket................$14
:popcorn: & :coke: ....$11
300....................priceless

The IMAX screen and viewing was fantastic.
The movie was exceptional in film work and story.
Too bad history wasn't different, would have been
nice to see the Spartans win.
Favorite line; then we will fight in the shade.
Favorite scene; :D
Two thumbs up, if you like a little nudity, and a lot of sword fight battles.

now we can talk aboot it????

when we saw it last week i found alot of other movie influences...... the oracles were like the dark Empirer from the star wars movies, the Persian king was a bit like a gahoul from stargate and and the battle animals a bit LOTR'ish

got our dvd copy the other night and watched it again last night

i still found 2+hrs a bit long but was able to wander off to do some laundry during the gory parts

Favorite Line: too many to to have just the one, but this made me laugh

"Xerxes: Consider the fate of your women.
Spartan King Leonidas: Clearly you don't know our women. "

:D

very true aboot the LOTR influence, even one of the Spartan's was Thoremere, Boremere's brother.

and he (the narator btw) is an aussie as well.... David Wehnam :D

Upon thinking about this film I think the Spartans were very believable characters.
The Persians characters were too fantasy like, I would have rather seen them portrayed more real like, but then that would have really pissed some middle eastern types even more.

shhhh - down here theres a group that no longer wants the police to use the term 'middle eastern appearance' when discussing alleged criminals.... apparently it profiles them :wink:

yeah.... the persian king... how tall was that bugger??

heheh - iin the film... the arab guys with the bottled explosivies..... hubby called them suicided chuckers

If those were "normal" women.....the wife....the oracle.....WOW....I must be living in the wrong place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom