3 Year Old Boy Near-Drowning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a firm believer in the Turning wheel. Somewhere, somehow, sometime, you and your Husband be rewarded. You may never know the moment, but someone's act of kindness will change your life.

BRAVO

:medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal: :medal:​

You have already been rewarded! The boy lived. You know, I have always told my kids that if I die trying to help someone else live, then be happy for me. Its the best way to go. You used what you trained for and it worked! My brother had the opportunity to do rescue breathing on a lady that was pinned in a car after an accident, She didnt make it, he questioned himself to, but like I told him, when he came upon the accident, there were several other people already there, and no one doing CPR at all. He gave her the best chance he could, but her injuries were too much to over come. Be thankful the little guy made it, as I'm sure you are. It must be a wonderful feeling to know that you saved a persons life who would surely have otherwised died. Congratulations and a job well done.

Hi folks. Thanks for all the support and good wishes for Charlie. His parents text me each morning and night with updates.
I just got word that he is breathing strongly on his own, the brain swelling has gone down, his heart is strongly beating. He is moving his limbs and continues to try to take the tubes away from his face. His eyes are reactive and his reflexes seem to be fine. They will reduce his sedatives tomorrow and see what happens when he wakes up.
I noticed a large bruise on his cheek up to his temple. It is believed that he was walking on the edge of the pool and slipped, hit his face and head, and slipped into the water. That would account for why no one heard any splashes or cries. But, we will never actually know. With all the kids around the tables on the deck, I doubt they would have heard anything in all the activity.

Since last Friday, the other parents here have hired a swimming coach to teach Their kids to swim. I wish they had been motivated before this. But. Better late than never.

Thanks- all of you.

Thank you so much for the update. I haven't stopped thinking about you and him.

A swim coach to prevent drownings is a good idea, but don't back off in the CPR classes. :medal:

Great job..............

Don't go second guessing yourself, remember when CPR is done in the field the objective is to extend the window of oppertunity for the EMS team.........

When your nerves calm down, its a great feeling

Or this maybe....?
[c]

[/c]
Geeze Louise!
I have no doubt that works but my god that was hard to watch. If that little babycake wasn’t grinning to beat the band at the end….I think I’d have to go take a valium.

Geeze Louise!
I have no doubt that works but my god that was hard to watch. If that little babycake wasn’t grinning to beat the band at the end….I think I’d have to go take a valium.
Oh, I know. But wouldn't it be nice if it were done more. So many don't know this is available. Share the URL with your friends: [c]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mUPr68x2U
[/c]
If you ever need it again, it's on my Myspace page along with some of my diving slide shows and vids, link in my profile. :wink:

Geeze Louise!

Agreed. It was harsh. I think because one can see how easily it can happen. I know it was scary to watch but I wish they'd have it as a commercial here in FL. Wake people up to the reality of how easily it can happen and it can happen to them. We have kiddos dying here in pools all to often. :sad:

Charlie is now stable. Off all meds. They have begun physio by sitting him up, though he is not conscious yet. Time.......

I will never quite understand how parents don't have their kids water safe. I grew up by the sea and athen at a lake. My own kids could both swim before they could walk well. It is just a mystery to a water-baby like myself when I see pre-teens afraid of water. But it is more common for them Not to know water safety skills.....

You all here, have been a tremendous support system for me and Erick. I would not have ever anticipated the emotional roller coaster my husband and I have been on, or the obsessive thought patterns. Your advice from those of you have been through this, and you all who may not have had to do this, but have been so supportive, have been a real lifesaver to us. Thanks. For not leaving us all alone in it. I truly appreciate you and I am thankful to be here.
DeeDee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom