3-season wetsuit/semi-drysuit for skinny guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're heading for a wardrobe, period. For a low end of 14C (57F) I'd go with a nice 7mm set with a 2nd layer on the core. A full suit and hooded step-in vest is my preference, see here. For my liking you are well within wetsuit territory.

You can try that same 7mm full suit in warmer water with a hood or nothing at all on your head but at 28C (82F) I would be dangerously warm. Not to mention warmer surface water and topside conditions that go hand in hand. By wearing a heavy suit in warm water you also lose the delight of stable buoyancy that comes with less neoprene.

If the reality of your body is a custom suit then you might cut a deal on a pair. Iron out the measurements on one before cutting rubber for the second. It is more money but when you consider the total investment, your time, safety and enjoyment it's small money.

Pete

14 in a wetsuit would result in my demise. You're harder than I am. I wear a two piece 7mm in waters 19-25, a full 5mm 26 and up, anything under 19 I'm in a drysuit, under 16 and I'm wearing a full heated suit and I'm still a bit chilly. Maybe I should see a doctor.

14 in a wetsuit would result in my demise. You're harder than I am. I wear a two piece 7mm in waters 19-25, a full 5mm 26 and up, anything under 19 I'm in a drysuit, under 16 and I'm wearing a full heated suit and I'm still a bit chilly. Maybe I should see a doctor.

It does vary widely with the individual and conditioning. I'm in Maine, for me a drysuit becomes very desirable at 50F (10C) or when it's no fun to be wet topside.

If you are someplace milder then less tolerance is likely.

Pete

I'm really hard to fit, too. Too tall for my weight or too skinny for my height. Bare wetsuits fit me really well off the rack. I thought I'd have to go custom until I found them.

+1 for Bare suits. Their tall sizes are cut well for slim & athletic builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom