3 mil Wetsuit - Good quality but economical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a good 3 mil wetsuit that will not break our budget. It needs to be $150 or less. I have found the following suits.

Mares Tropic 3 mil - 2009 model and high rating on scubadiving.com

Bare 3 mil Progressive Stretch - 2009 model (I've heard the Henderson Hyper- stretch doesn't provide much thermal protection, not sure with this one though.)

NeoSport 3/2

If there are others that I should be looking at, then feel free to let me know. If you see a deal, then feel free to throw those out here as well.

--------------------------------------------------
I am looking for one that is:

1. Semi durable
2. Not too difficult to put on
3. Actually has some thermal protection unlike the hyperstretch
4. Not expensive

Whichever fits best (which will have a great effect on warmth and ease of putting it on.) Different brands/models fit differently, so it's unfortunately not just a matter of picking a suit based on reviews/features/price then choosing the right size.

While the stretchy suits will lose thickness (and therefore insulating value) if stretched too much, the better fit might also gain you some warmth so it can be a reasonable trade-off off if you're more difficult to fit. And if you're diving someplace you can use a 3mm suit it might not be a big deal anyway.

I just looked at the Bear 3/2 suit. It fit really well, but a little light. If you don't get cold often, then this may be a good suit. My wife just bought the Henderson Neo Sport 3/2 and I purchased the Pinnacle 3mm. All are within your budget requirements.

Back
Top Bottom