3+ deco dives per day?

Three+ staged decompression dives in 24hrs?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's interesting, I am a UK diver, so cold water and my KISS came with a neoprene cover that the original owner had made up but I discounted using it because I thought the effect would be very marginal.

I know the feeling: Stoney Cove@3 degrees or Wraysbury at 2 ... or the NDAC for the matter. In the Ocean never below 6

Back to the neoprene sleeve. It depends on the canister I dive an Inspiration in a PLDT frame. The canister is plastic. It feels warm at the end of the dive so it conducts heat and therefore insulating it will keep additional reaction heat in the gas. May be the feeling is only because I know I removed the sleeve or it is real but nevertheless logic says it should be.

Also, the temperature of the reaction bed is important for efficiency, even if not felt, scrubber should be insulated and the colder the water the more important this is. This is why the scrubber duration is given for 4 degrees diving.

Cheers

That's interesting, I am a UK diver, so cold water and my KISS came with a neoprene cover that the original owner had made up but I discounted using it because I thought the effect would be very marginal.
You can get the kiss canisters coated with synactic foam now. Its the same idea as your neoprene cover yet not compressible. I'm not sure how much positive buoyancy it adds, probably about 1kg(?) You can send your existing canister back to Mike for a retrofit or you might want to buy a second can to use on your coldest/longest dives. I rather doubt the neoprene is all that effective due to compression at depth.

It would be marginal gains to be sure rjack, but my thinking is that in the shallows on deco is where we tend to spend the majority of the time, and at that depth the neoprene would be less compressed and less flushed due to a lack of movement so could offer warmer gas when you need it most, improve the chemical process and poss improve longevity of duration again when you need it most.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom