3-24-7 Destin Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
don't blame me, blame........

FACE-UPfacedown.gif
:D :D :D :D :D

Myself and friend will dive the Destin Jetty on Monday which is 3/26. We plan for the afternoon since high tide is at 5:30. I have not dived the jetty by foot in a long time either usually diving it from my kayak or boat and usually somewhat later in the year.

What conditions and temps and viz might we expect?

What are current conditions at Morrison?

Wed. we head further south but we did want to dive the Jetty and Morrison.

N

GLENFWB:
So, SBG...is the Jetty Dive still a go for the 24th? Who is planning on coming? I can be there but I can't make the Morrison dive on Sunday.

Still a go, notice no cancellations :) As long as I have a buddy, I'm in the water!

Nemrod:
Myself and friend will dive the Destin Jetty on Monday which is 3/26. We plan for the afternoon since high tide is at 5:30. I have not dived the jetty by foot in a long time either usually diving it from my kayak or boat and usually somewhat later in the year.

What conditions and temps and viz might we expect?

What are current conditions at Morrison?

Wed. we head further south but we did want to dive the Jetty and Morrison.

N

Temps in the mid-60s, perhaps slightly better :) Visibility is always up in the air, but at Destin's jetties, usually 20' or more.

Dove Morrison Saturday and had 20-30' visibility, but the place is getting crowded earlier and earlier.

Depending upon temp. If I go i will boat out of the Sand Ramp.

The following weekend has better tides, only .3 foot change over twelve hours

SuPrBuGmAn:
Dove Morrison Saturday and had 20-30' visibility, but the place is getting crowded earlier and earlier.

that wasn't crowded. later in the summer, when you add the local swimmers....

THAT's crowded!

This question may have already been asked... but I'll ask it again!

How many dives do you guys plan to get out there this Saturday? I'm going to the O' so the boat will not be back until about 1pm. It will probably take me 30 minutes or so to get on the road from there, so leaving Pensacola at 1:30pm.

I'm not sure how long of a drive it is to Destin from Pensacola, but I figure if your going to do a 2nd dive (tide allowing), I'd like to do it =) Worst case, I can leave my gear setup on a full tank and be ready to go when I get to Destin =)

ScubaKris:
Depending upon temp. If I go i will boat out of the Sand Ramp.

The following weekend has better tides, only .3 foot change over twelve hours

More tidal influx = better visibility :) If the currents get ripping, I'll dig into the rocks - LOL

I always aim for the larger tidal swings.

frankc420:
This question may have already been asked... but I'll ask it again!

How many dives do you guys plan to get out there this Saturday?

*shrugs*

Dunno, but several have committed in this thread - just read on through :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom