3,000 Dives on Maui! Woo Hooo!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blesi varney:
That rumor is true. We were face to face that I could have touched it. One of Toby's divers ( DM w/ Scuba Shack) had to duck because the whale shark went right over him. It must have been at least 30 ft. long if not longer and its tail must have been about 10 ft tall. It was very awesome. Just got back from great diving in Palau and Truk and to come back to work and see a whale shark was just amazing. Too bad I was working, I didn't bring my camera but all of my divers did.
Did they share photos with you? I hope so.

Doug congrats, my wife and I are here on Roatan but it's our off gassing day. We brought 30 divers from Oregon with us. Next week it is back to reality and I ain't looking forward to it.

I refuse to add up how many Oregon dives I have, I just refuse.

Al Mialkovsky:
Did they share photos with you? I hope so.

Doug congrats, my wife and I are here on Roatan but it's our off gassing day. We brought 30 divers from Oregon with us. Next week it is back to reality and I ain't looking forward to it.

I refuse to add up how many Oregon dives I have, I just refuse.
Aren't you moving over here soon, Al?

Kris our local dive shop made us an offer we can't really refuse so the answer today is no we aren't moving there. On the other hand a recent email from them (I'm on Roatan leading a trip for the shop) indicates that maybe, just maybe I'll decide to move to Maui afterall.

So to answer your question, who the heck knows. We'll see....soon.

Al Mialkovsky:
Kris our local dive shop made us an offer we can't really refuse so the answer today is no we aren't moving there. On the other hand a recent email from them (I'm on Roatan leading a trip for the shop) indicates that maybe, just maybe I'll decide to move to Maui afterall.

So to answer your question, who the heck knows. We'll see....soon.
Sounds like you have similar politics to us over here. :)

Good to know it's not a Maui-only thing. :)

Hope to see you over here soon...

Dive Shop Drama (DSD) exists everywhere. But regardless we'll be back on Maui before too long, probably this fall.

Congratulations Doug! My husband and I had a great time diving with you last May, and next time we are in Maui we will certainly do it again!

Way to go Shaka D! I've been out on many of those and so has my family. How about the monk seal we saw in January or the turtle that followed me and my bro around that one time at the Landing. Love your U/W pumpkin parties and stuff. I hope you make at least 3,000 more and I want to be there for the celebration! Let's dive again soon! You Rock and I LUV the BUS!

Mahalo mahalo mahalo. Yesterday I made #3007. Really cool scooter dive; we had an Eagle Ray and a Manta Ray show up! Made for a really nice tour. I wish there were more like that one!

Congratulations Doug, 3000 total dives is a very impressive milestone! Let alone 3000 dives just on Maui!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom