2nd Weekend in a row

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck with the repowering, tell us the details when is completed.
The mechanics are working on a dozen or so boats at the same time. They get to our boat in bits at a time. So far it's taken three weeks for what should be a one or two-day job. The new motors look great, but it would be nice to actually use them.
IMG_20221101_123917.jpg

With all this weather I'm expecting another Lobster walk next week

With all this weather I'm expecting another Lobster walk next week
Well I'm ready to call in sick if there's any good days during the week.
Friday is a holiday, again if seas are good i may extended that weekend into Tuesday.

Would be nice to see the bugs walking.

The mechanics are working on a dozen or so boats at the same time. They get to our boat in bits at a time. So far it's taken three weeks for what should be a one or two-day job. The new motors look great, but it would be nice to actually use them.
View attachment 751951
I hate when they do that.

Tell me how long is going to be, how much, and when do you need me to bring it over so you "Work" on it. I'd even go as far as giving a deposit to hold my place in line, but let me use the boat until you are ready for it.
I get having a couple of things going on, right now we doing the boat but also doing some stuff inside the house. Wish to just do the boat but we got our fill of the sanding, and started to rain, so before vacuuming things got too sticky. Let it be, the sun came out , then we went back out to the boat.
Of course before wiping things started to rain again, seems like it is going to follow that pattern of sun - rain until i store the roller and brush for good.
Anywho, good luck, hope they at least get it done right.

The sea state is killing us:

Northeasterly winds will increase across the Atlantic and Gulf
waters with gusts to 20-25kts possible behind a frontal boundary. A
northeasterly swell around 6-8 feet will develop this weekend
leading to hazardous conditions across Atlantic waters.
Yup. Dying here. All my weekends ruined mid-September to now.

Hoping the storm that is on the way moves out before Friday.

Attachments

• A2734FE1-29F5-446E-A290-2703227CFC0A.jpeg
    A2734FE1-29F5-446E-A290-2703227CFC0A.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Ana
Hoping the storm that is on the way moves out before Friday.
As usual with low pressure computer models it depends if you believe the GFS(Noaa) or the Euro model. GFS says gas up the boat friday. Euro says 'hold my beer, I'm not done zig-zagging with you yet'. The Euro always wins.

As usual with low pressure computer models it depends if you believe the GFS(Noaa) or the Euro model. GFS says gas up the boat friday. Euro says 'hold my beer, I'm not done zig-zagging with you yet'. The Euro always wins.
We just looked . Sheesh I'm ok with the:. "If you don't like the weather in S. Florida, just wait a moment" but possibly a Cat 1 this coming Wednesday or so?

Can't like that.

Screenshot_20221112-091030.png

We're going diving! Maybe tomorrow too. Even if we should be adding coats of paint to the bulkhead... Feels wrong to waste opportunities to go diving, just because the adult thing to do is to finish the chores.
We are too old for that, we have adulted enough.

We'll dive first then tie to the mooring balls and go swimming with Argos.

As you know, I am only there in the winter, but I have been coming then for many years, and I have seen the change. It has become frustrating beyond belief to see how many planned dive days go out the window because of the wind. A few years ago, I was talking to a commercial dive boat operator about it, and he said it was not my imagination. It has gotten windier and windier of the years, and for him that meant fewer than half the dive days compared to when he started (2007), and that meant half the income. About a month after we talked, he sold his business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom