2nd Trip to Triton Bay !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolobl65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I came back again to Triton Bay last January 2018 .
It was my second time there ( first time you can read here : Triton Bay - trip report - December 2016 )

The place is still wonderful above and below the water .

What is changed from my first time ?
Now Garuda fly from Jakarta to Kaimana so it is easy ( and reliable ) to get there .
The resort has two more bungalow ( now 6 ) anyway the atmosphere is still intimate and friendly .
There is one more boat ( now 3 ) so group are still maximun 4 divers per DM .
Bungalow , food , great beach , amazing landscape ... all as my past trip .

_MG_3261.jpg

_MG_3087-2.jpg

the resort house reef :

_MG_2126-2 copia-2.jpg

Triton Bay area is one of the best place for pigmy sea horse , and this time finally I saw the Satomy Pigmy .
As small as pontoy ( 1 cm ) , live in the seaweed and often move from one point to another .

Have a look at these two photos and see the kind of arm on the back he use to balance himself during is Flying ! Fantastic creature !

_MG_2906.jpg

_MG_2904.jpg

Again many other pigmy and macro subject . Usually the afternoon dive ( 3 ° dive ) was macro oriented . The guide are very good spotter for elusive and mimetic critters .

Here some pigmy denise :

_MG_3027-2.jpg

_MG_3215.jpg

_MG_3226-2.jpg

can you see the second pigmy ??

and a very small hairy shrimp :

_MG_2965.jpg

Last edited:
The two morning dives ware mostly dedicated to reef and fish . So go for wide angle photography !
Visibility was very good the first week , so we could appreciate the untouched reef and the great fish life of this area .
Sadly No whale shark in the period I was there .

Hoping can give you an idea how beautiful is diving in Triton Bay here are some shots .

_MG_2070-2-2.jpg

_MG_2085-2-2.jpg

_MG_1357.jpg

_MG_2581-2-2.jpg

_MG_1499-2.jpg

_MG_1967-2-3.jpg

_MG_1976-2-2.jpg

_MG_2828-2.jpg

_MG_2353-2-2.jpg

_MG_2774-2-2.jpg

If you like to see more photos , here are the links to my Flickr macro and wide angle gallery about Triton Bay
macro : https://www.flickr.com/photos/paolobl65/albums/72157664633106908
wide : https://www.flickr.com/photos/paolobl65/albums/72157668927318229

Definetely .... I have to came back again to Triton Bay .... and again .... and again !!
Wish all my best to everybody
Paolo Isgro

Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

Absolutely stunning reef pictures. I have to remind myself that I photograph for my memories, otherwise I'd feel completely inadequate. Thanks for posting. They are beautiful. Another destination to add to my list that will never be completed.

Rob

thank you for sharing such wonderful and amazing photographs......fantastic.

Wow, nice photos! Were you under some of the mangroves?

Thanks,
Jack

Back
Top Bottom