2nd stage necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
"Absolutely wrong. The long hose and bungeed backup predates GUE and even the WKPP by a long shot"

OK, but the major support and promotion of this setup comes from the GUE/DIR fraternity.

Let's stick to the questions of "what is it" and "why".

They're the major supporters for using it in the recreational community. I believe most tech agencies utilize the long hose method extensively.

However, let's not hijack the thread.. it was about a bungeed short hose PRIMARY with basically an AirII backup. Horrible idea, donating air would simply not work.

Jason B:
I see a lot of divers with a short hose necklaced 2nd stage and the octo or back-up is on the BC inflator hose. Jason

Is this what you actually meant to say and, if so, where do you see a lot of divers like this. Maybe they're solo divers, but what you describe sounds almost narcissistic.

It kind of reminds of me and my friends smoking in school... doing something really stupid whilst trying to look cool and experienced. Too bad common sense doesn't always prevail.

I'm guessing what you are actually seeing -is- the long hose primary with the backup secondary in the bungee.

But in the situations where it's a bungied primary that is donated, and the secondary is an Air2 design, what most likely is the situation is that the primary isn't actually attached to the bungee under the zip tie on the mouthpiece, but rather a slipknotted loop that the mouthpiece goes into... so when you pull on it, the mouthpiece slides out of the bungee loop.

I've not actually seen that config with a short hose, nor have I seen it with bungee. I've seen it with a longhose stuffed up against the tank, and surgical tubing for the loop. I've not seen it with an Air2, but rather it on a surgical tubing loop hanging under the neck and them breathing off a non-donating primary.

But I would speculate that if it -is- a donating primary, it's got to be a loop design and not attached like a DIR style bungied backup.

Sorry guys...I know all about the long hose (LOL). I saw a picture here on scuba board this morning....hang on, I'll find it.

what's up with the long hose? short hose. short hose!

dr.zy:
what's up with the long hose? short hose. short hose!

Is this a question?

There are hundreds of posts on the long hose. There are links in this thread to a few. Rather than rehash them here, a search should yield all the information you need.

Northeastwrecks:
Is this a question?

There are hundreds of posts on the long hose. There are links in this thread to a few. Rather than rehash them here, a search should yield all the information you need.

I think he's saying; what is the original poster saying in both his posts?

Northeastwrecks:
Is this a question?

I think he's wondering why people are talking about long hoses when the original poster specified nothing but short hoses.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom