2nd annual Sink-O de Mayo Pre Invasion Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You make inflaming comments... then call me a git... Great! :shakehead:

It's easier to see why some were diving with "friends"... :shakehead:

Not inflammatory Jim, factual. Posts 34 and 35 in this thread explained it well.
I fail to see the relevance of who the charter operator was. Ron picked up torch, tried to run a nice a trip for the members, only to have other members run a competing trip. And now those same "separatists" are wondering where the "conflict" originated.

That first event can never be repeated.

You're right, but we had the chance to make it even better.

Not inflammatory Jim, factual. Posts 34 and 35 in this thread explained it well.
I fail to see the relevance of who the charter operator was. Ron picked up torch, tried to run a nice a trip for the members, only to have other members run a competing trip. And now those same "separatists" are wondering where the "conflict" originated.

You're right, but we had the chance to make it even better.

Brian,

You are right! Only a handful thanked Ron for putting the trip together. As he took the time to make all the calls to Capt Gary and Brenda to get this all set up. But that just goes to show you how some people opperate. And if I remember correctly we had asked the mods to remove the "other trip" off of this thread since this was the sink-o preinvasion trip....

Brian,

You are right! Only a handful thanked Ron for putting the trip together. As he took the time to make all the calls to Capt Gary and Brenda to get this all set up. But that just goes to show you how some people opperate. And if I remember correctly we had asked the mods to remove the "other trip" off of this thread since this was the sink-o preinvasion trip....

I cant take all of the credit for it. Becky (Speargirl) was a big help in Lodging arrangements, and also feeding of some of us sat night. My only regret was that we are now so divided, and as a result friends and new buddies were missed. The important thing to me was everyone had fun. The other person I want to thank and also apologize to is Capt Gary and CRD for putting up with it, and having to go thru this.

Just the teeniest bit off topic, but I want to clear something up.

The reason Sinko could not be held this coming weekend wasn't because I personally had a group coming down. Rather, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society decided to have it's 23rd Annual MS150 bicycle ride this coming weekend. There are 2,700 cyclists, probably another 2,000 spouses/significant others/children/friends, and at least 500 volunteers hitting Key Largo sometime Saturday morning. When I say that there is not one empty bed to be had in the Upper Keys, I am not kidding. 4-5,000 folks are a LOT of people to accomodate on that island.

Although yes, I am a rider/fundraiser in this event, it was not my decision to do it this coming weekend. I am only glad that I was able to let y'all know so that you weren't left scrambling for rooms. I know Becky took very good care of y'all last weekend, and I cannot express to you how very hard she had to work to find rooms for me and a few of my friends who are a small portion of the 2,700 riders set to invade the Keys on Saturday!!!

I am sooooo looking forward to this ride...here is my personal page for the ride. I was sooooo sorry to miss Sinko but I've had to do training rides the past few weekends, 100 miles per weekend, and I've been doing short 10 mile rides this week just to stay limber. I hope the MS Society moves this ride back to April next year so that I can attend the Third Annual Sinko ScubaBoard trip!!!

P.S. If you happen to be headed down the Keys on Saturday, please drive safely...if you want to avoid the cyclists until you hit MM106, take the Stretch because we are riding down Card Sound Road (OMG that BRIDGE!!!) The ride ends at Pennekamp, so you shouldn't be dodging huge packs of cyclists after that point.

A whole lot closer since you read my last post, my friend! :D

I hope everyone has a safe and uneventful ride, especially you.

8361.443140719.custom.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom