2nd Annual RMO South Meet, Greet, Dive, and Eat! (Sept 20~21st)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hmmm: What brand? How old?

Oceanic VT Pro This one is about two years old. I bought it originally four years ago but I have had two other replacements. The earlier ones just quit working, no flooding involved.

Oceanic VT Pro This one is about two years old. I bought it originally four years ago but I have had two other replacements. The earlier ones just quit working, no flooding involved.
This one: Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

Looks like a 2 year warranty if you want to send it in? I spoke with Oceanic Customer Care today about my BC and we got off on Computers just a little; they still have the discount customer exchange program if it quits after warranty, but you may have been thru that already. I insured my cameras, dive computers and more with State Farm's "Personal Articles Protecton" or "Inland Marine" policy before the last trip, but had no problems. My bud failed to get his insured, flooded a camera and a computer - but got them both replace cheap enough.

I had a great time too! Very nice talking with others and meeting new people. I did end up missing my wrist watch (not a dive watch - just a fairly cheap wrist watch) and my prototype Rocky Mountain Oysters T-Shirt. If they happen to show up in someone gear, will you please let me know.

Jason, what kind of stand and where did you get it? I didn't have a chance to ask you, but it looks nice. Does it fold up? I think that would be great for some of your high mountain lakes where we slep all our stuff to the shoreline, then put it on. Putting on a single with pony is hard enough, on the ground, and I'm sure I'll need help with doubles!

Justin, good job on with the dry suit. You took your time and learned how it feels. You did great at Perch Lake.

Spencer, you did good too. Hope to see you on more of our mountain lake trips.

Tino, thanks for driving, that was the first time I've gone down to Blue Hole and didn't have to drive! It was nice, especially since I had another 100+ miles after you dropped us off.

All in all, a very enjoyable weekend diving.

Jason, what kind of stand and where did you get it? I didn't have a chance to ask you, but it looks nice. Does it fold up? I think that would be great for some of your high mountain lakes where we slep all our stuff to the shoreline, then put it on. Putting on a single with pony is hard enough, on the ground, and I'm sure I'll need help with doubles!

It is a pretty good stand, you can see it here: Husky Heavy-Duty X-Sawhorse - Review | Tool Snob - ToolSnob.com
I got it at home depot for about $35. It folds flat, and is a great height for getting geared up on.

I had a great time too! Very nice talking with others and meeting new people. I did end up missing my wrist watch (not a dive watch - just a fairly cheap wrist watch) and my prototype Rocky Mountain Oysters T-Shirt. If they happen to show up in someone gear, will you please let me know.

Hope they show up!

Diana Torres who was there Sunday ended up missing her snorkel as well. Surely someone packed it away without realizing it. If you have an extra snorkel (hell, they're ALL extra to me) let me know and I'll pass the word along.

It is a pretty good stand, you can see it here: Husky Heavy-Duty X-Sawhorse - Review | Tool Snob - ToolSnob.com
I got it at home depot for about $35. It folds flat, and is a great height for getting geared up on.

Thanks for the info Jason. The price seems great , but Home Depot doesn't have them and Husky's website shows Home Depot as the only retailer. I quick google of the item didn't show any retailers either. I'll drop by my local store and see if maybe they just aren't available online.

Hope they show up!

Diana Torres who was there Sunday ended up missing her snorkel as well. Surely someone packed it away without realizing it. If you have an extra snorkel (hell, they're ALL extra to me) let me know and I'll pass the word along.

I'm thinking that's what happend to my shirt. My watch, on the other hand, I kept misplacing all weekend, so at Perch Lake, I put is somewhere I wouldn't forget. I'm sure it's still safely there (but don't know where that is!) Now before ya'll start accusing me of Alzheimer's, I'm Not That Old! The most I could have is Half-Timer's! :shocked2:

That's a constant game I play on outings. Packing or restowing something, then shortly afterwards I'm mumbling "Ok, where did I put my so-and-so?!" More toys = more toys to misplace among the others. :silly:

Thanks for the info Jason. The price seems great , but Home Depot doesn't have them and Husky's website shows Home Depot as the only retailer. I quick google of the item didn't show any retailers either. I'll drop by my local store and see if maybe they just aren't available online.

Yeah, it is strange, they don't show up on the HD website, but my local one has them. Go figure...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom