2nd Annual Lake Pleasant Day May 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to update everyone on the next event, I thought I would share some of the ideas that were talked about at a planning meeting last Thursday. To address some of your comments from my last thread on what we could do better, more advertising(we hope this year since we have more planning time to get the word out to more divers & non-divers), better paint on the treasure hunt rocks(that was discussed and WILL be resolved this time around), more organization(more lead time this year will result in a more organized event), Saturday & Sunday event(not in '09 just Saturday May 2nd so mark your calendars now!) the shops this year are scheduled to be set facing the water with their backs to the roadway so there will be more open access to the shoreline and lastly due to park rules & sales tax licenses gear will not be sold at the event. Additionally, "try scuba" looks like it might happen this time around. We have another meeting set in January and I will keep everyone updated as I did last year.

PS.. Kangy just so you know I was around when the SO started using helicopter insertions and they were never intended to be used in a tactical scenario. We developed them as a means to rapidly deploy divers for a recovery in a river operation. I was deployed many times in the Verde, Salt and Colorado rivers with the helicopter as a dive platform and found them to be very effective.

Pete

Last edited:
A DOG Days demo on that day would be really cool. I've been wanting to try out some DUI suits...

I have been talking to DUI and there may yet be something in the works. Not a Dog Day, but that is a possiblity for next year (2010). Time will tell

Stephen

Last edited:
If DUI can't make it invite the competition!

Back
Top Bottom