2nd Annual Lake Pleasant Day May 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to see gear manufacturers get involved and give the opportunity to try out the gear.
As for discovery scuba mine was in open water in Bora Bora so it could be done in the lake if Divemasters and and Instructors wanted to hold discovery scuba.

I'd like to see gear manufacturers get involved and give the opportunity to try out the gear.

So, from SjSpeck's post above, the links have details from last year, and I think there are manufacturers out with items available for test... I hope it'll be the same this year.

Who sponsors this event?

I think the LDS's that had booths were basically the sponsors. I know Inland Water Divers (Cap'n Pete?) was pretty active last time too.
I remember access to the shore was a real pain last year. A park ranger went up and down the shore telling us all divers had to check in and out with him but I think I was the only one that did. Kind of funny actually. He was so surprised when I did that he didn't have anything to write our names or "time in" on. Made a note on a piece of scratch paper. I made sure he knew when we got out after the first dive but didn't bother checking in with him again.

I'll be happy to volunteer. There were a lot of suggestions on the previous thread.

Steve.

So, from SjSpeck's post above, the links have details from last year, and I think there are manufacturers out with items available for test... I hope it'll be the same this year.

Who sponsors this event?

The event is sponsord by the Lake Pleasant Regional Park. This the brain child of Terry Gerber. I have sent a link to this discussion to Terry so he can keep track of all your suggestions.

Thanks for everything that you all have said so far

Stephen

A DOG Days demo on that day would be really cool. I've been wanting to try out some DUI suits...

A DOG Days demo on that day would be really cool. I've been wanting to try out some DUI suits...

Won't happen this year, according to DUI there schedule is already completed for all of 2009. If there is a hard date for the following year it's probably can happen.

Back
Top Bottom