2nd Annual Conch Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz! April 1, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman and all those confused by narcosis.... the planning for the 2nd annual Conch Divers Fossiling Expedition is in its final stages (fossiling location, camping location, sign-up of participants) and its about time I created a post about it!

When: April 1, 2006 -- All day event - camping Friday and Saturday night
Where: Same location as last year - Private property
Where to camp: Peace River Camp Ground - Group Rate: $8 per night per person
Cost of Expedition: $35 per person (normal rate is $75 pp)

As with last year this will be an expedition guided by Mark Renz, so if you have a copy of any of his books that you'd like to get signed, this is a great opportunity to get that done. We're encouraging him to join us in the post-fossiling activities for a little social time thats not water and fossil related so everyone has the opportunity to meet and speak with Mark in a comfortable setting.

If any of you central FL Dive folks have a suggestion for a place to camp other than Peace River Camp Ground, please share!!

Well, diving could be done should choose to brave the dark brown waters. Our experience last year is the tea brown water created a very dark environment to try and find things in.. this may change based on the location on the river that we go to.

So you'll be wading. Thanks buddy. I'd love to meet Mark, but my primary focus is diving, not fossiling. If you can get him to Venice (or any other dive location) I'm interested.

OH! I'll add the costs up there when I edit the post with more info - The cost of the expedition is still the same @ $35 per person (Mark is continuing to offer us this discount).

Walter - No problem buddy, we've been working with Mark to set up a multi-boat event off Golden Beach Rd in the 'Bone Yard' - he's interested in just 'checking it out' himself and with a group of folks out there it increases the likelihood of cool finds! :)

Crossing my fingers on a typical Peace River canoe trip,
ie. paddle halfway sat, camp sat night on the river, paddle the rest sun.

aaaand hoping we don't get a heavy rain just before then.

SFLDiver:
Crossing my fingers on a typical Peace River canoe trip,
ie. paddle halfway sat, camp sat night on the river, paddle the rest sun.

aaaand hoping we don't get a heavy rain just before then.
Last time around it was drive your car into a campsite that had been rained upon (with thousands of others too), camp, up early to drive to a field in the middle of nowhere to paddle in the streams nearby fossiling. You'd be surprised what you can find just stick in a few locations!! I was just admiring my mini, prehistoric Shetland pony teeth the other day.

Christina and i are in for camping, wading and such for a day with camping both sides of it.

Sounds good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom