288, Twin Lakes, Rockin' OK, or Mammoth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is Rockin OK? Never heard of it, at least by that name. There used to be a place at 288/6 called Lost Lake that had a few RV spots.

Yeah - I hadn't heard of Rockin' OK either - just came up when I was googling dive spots around texas. Used to be called "lost lake" - which I'd also not heard of :)

Just wanted places to go when I'm out in Houston visiting the parents. Thanks for the dive buddy offer - my husband (usual dive buddy) gets out of in-law-visiting-duty whenever possible - so I may need one. Let me take a raincheck?

Yeah - reefhound - lost lake - details????

I don't know if it's even open for diving anymore. I have maybe 10 dives there. It's basically a retention pond - a big square lake with sloping sides to a 40 foot mud bottom and generally 5 to 10 foot viz. There are fish in there, a couple of 25' boats, a few small wooden platforms that have probably fallen apart by now. Cavers used to go there and run lines on the bottom for line drills.

You can see one of my dive reports for an idea. Here's another one.

Found another report by the late packetsniffer, now I'm feeling sad...

Well Reef Hound, you *do* make it sound tempting....I imagine I'll get there eventually (just cause it's there) but I'll move it down the to-do list.

Thanks for the info!

FWIW, Packetsniffer wrote a great dive report - I'm genuinely sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom