Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian T:
and in some countries they haven't started showing season 4 so thanks for the spoiler...

You can get Season 4 on DVD now. Amazon.com

scubapolly:
I love 24 too! I agree with It'sBruce though, there is a serious problem with some of the time frames going on there, and not just the phone service, but the speed at which they send large files back and forth. I mean it took Tony what about 4 hours to go from unconcious with possible brain damage to up and out of his bed? Or lets look at Chloe who is able to figure out what building a schematic is of in like 15 seconds, yet it takes her several minutes to do the emergency isolation thing the other night when the gas was released?
I guess it is best to just sit and enjoy the show rather than try to figure out the realism of it.
I too love'd president Palmer- I didn't get to watch the premire of the Unit the other night..... how was it? Worth getting addicted too?

Polly

That's why they get paid the big bucks!! :D

***and the UNIT was decent, not even in the same league as 24 or The Shield. I give it 5-6 stars out of 10 for the premiere....hope it gets better.

Since I live in LA, I'm familiar with many of the places depicted in 24. Some day, I'll go through the DVDs and time the show's travel time and compare it to real time. Heck, around here, it takes 2 minutes to get from my house to the market. It is 3 blocks away, but there is 1 four-way stop and one siignal light. From my house near LAX to downtown can be done in 26 minutes during nonpeak hours and there are only 3 stop lights and 1 stop sign between my front door and the freeway.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 4, STOP READING HERE.

What about in season 4 when the lights went out in LA? In just about 4 hours, it had been restored.

Divmstr223:
That's why they get paid the big bucks!! :D

***and the UNIT was decent, not even in the same league as 24 or The Shield. I give it 5-6 stars out of 10 for the premiere....hope it gets better.

Just watched the replay tonight of the Unit. Seeped pretty good- but not quite up to the hype they've been making. I've never watched the shield (I don't have cable).

Hi my name is freediver and I am addicted to 24.
<hi freediver!>
Does anyone else pick up on the guest stars on the show such as Sean Astin,
C Thomas Howell and Peter Weller (wasn't he the original Darth Vader?). Oh yeah, and is anyone keeping up with a body count for this season? :D Jack Bauer for Secretary of Defense!

freediver:
Hi my name is freediver and I am addicted to 24.
<hi freediver!>
Does anyone else pick up on the guest stars on the show such as Sean Astin,
C Thomas Howell and Peter Weller (wasn't he the original Darth Vader?). Oh yeah, and is anyone keeping up with a body count for this season? :D Jack Bauer for Secretary of Defense!

Hey, the first step is admiting you have a problem.

I think any hope of an accurate body count for this season went up in smoke when the gas was released at CTU in this weeks episode.... who knows how many didn't make it out?

scubapolly:
Hey, the first step is admiting you have a problem.

I think any hope of an accurate body count for this season went up in smoke when the gas was released at CTU in this weeks episode.... who knows how many didn't make it out?
I'm sure they will talk about the body count after it's cleared up.

Spoiler Alert

Maybe we need a new statistic- the Bauer ratio- the percentage of people that Jack killed compared to deaths from all causes. This season seems pretty low. It seems like Jack was more lethal in previous seasons, although he has done some cruel things this season- Walt Cumming and Mrs Henderson come to mind. Then there was the guy he interrogated under the condition that he would call EMS snf then assasinated in the oil fields.

ItsBruce:
Since I live in LA, I'm familiar with many of the places depicted in 24. Some day, I'll go through the DVDs and time the show's travel time and compare it to real time. Heck, around here, it takes 2 minutes to get from my house to the market. It is 3 blocks away, but there is 1 four-way stop and one siignal light. From my house near LAX to downtown can be done in 26 minutes during nonpeak hours and there are only 3 stop lights and 1 stop sign between my front door and the freeway.

I was watching an episode from season 3 a few days ago. I had to laugh when Tony started cursing at the traffic when there was only a few cars on the road in the middle of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom